Superb Paper Art Creations Of The Contemporary Artist Bianca Severijns
Bianca Severijns creates her artworks through a conscientious exploration of paper. She perfected an original artistic style in her beloved paper medium that is constructed by esthetically weaving, merging and layering hand-torn pieces.
Severijns is a Dutch-Israeli self-taught contemporary paper artist that in 2012 established her “Peace of Paper” studio in the Tel Aviv area. Art for Severijns began as a study of the cycles of nature and progressed to social and humanistic themes. Her artworks maintain a pure and hand-made feel that tell stories which carry imperfections symbolic of life itself.
In her former “Earth Skins Series”, Severijns’ artworks focused on paper texture and abstract compositions that were inspired by nature. She was especially intrigued by the cycle point at which there is total bareness, vulnerability, decay and disintegration. She captured these temporalities by photographing nature, mostly in a contrasting urban setting, and used the images as a source of inspiration. The decay can be observed in various works of this series in which fallen leaves and dried-up grass portray the moment just before the stage of rotting, yet still graceful and beautiful.
“As a contemporary paper artist, my art is a physical representation of my ongoing reflective journey. It is paper art, molded by instinct and an intellect influenced by intuition. My art begins with virginal white paper, on its way to becoming something else, an alteration, a complex form.
My medium is paper pieces, hand-torn with a gentle physicality that removes the newborn softness and creates a unique ruggedness that contains encounters, travels, reflections, love, loss and happiness. Each layer is composed of paper pieces in all shapes and sizes, which serve as a basis for the next layer, minute, day, year or experience.”
More: Bianca Severijns
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- These Russian Social Media Profile Pictures Will Blow Your Mind With Photoshop Magic
- Woman Uses Her iPhone To Capture Portraits Of Strangers On Her Daily Commute To Work, And The Result Is Impressive
- Running In The Night: The Superb ’80s Cyberpunk Artworks By Daniele Gasparini
- KangHee Kim’s Images Are As Satisfying To Create As They Are To Look At
- Japanese Artist Offers Funerals for Love Dolls and Lets Customers Live out Fantasies as A Murder Victim, Blow-Up Doll or Dead Girl
- These Young People from Lagos, Nigeria Took Smartphone Photography to The Next Level
- You Ride This Bike Lying Down, And It Feels Like You’re Flying
- Can You Guess Who Is Kissing In These Pics: Real Couples Or Friends?