Superb Paper Art Creations Of The Contemporary Artist Bianca Severijns
Bianca Severijns creates her artworks through a conscientious exploration of paper. She perfected an original artistic style in her beloved paper medium that is constructed by esthetically weaving, merging and layering hand-torn pieces.
Severijns is a Dutch-Israeli self-taught contemporary paper artist that in 2012 established her “Peace of Paper” studio in the Tel Aviv area. Art for Severijns began as a study of the cycles of nature and progressed to social and humanistic themes. Her artworks maintain a pure and hand-made feel that tell stories which carry imperfections symbolic of life itself.
In her former “Earth Skins Series”, Severijns’ artworks focused on paper texture and abstract compositions that were inspired by nature. She was especially intrigued by the cycle point at which there is total bareness, vulnerability, decay and disintegration. She captured these temporalities by photographing nature, mostly in a contrasting urban setting, and used the images as a source of inspiration. The decay can be observed in various works of this series in which fallen leaves and dried-up grass portray the moment just before the stage of rotting, yet still graceful and beautiful.
“As a contemporary paper artist, my art is a physical representation of my ongoing reflective journey. It is paper art, molded by instinct and an intellect influenced by intuition. My art begins with virginal white paper, on its way to becoming something else, an alteration, a complex form.
My medium is paper pieces, hand-torn with a gentle physicality that removes the newborn softness and creates a unique ruggedness that contains encounters, travels, reflections, love, loss and happiness. Each layer is composed of paper pieces in all shapes and sizes, which serve as a basis for the next layer, minute, day, year or experience.”
More: Bianca Severijns
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Never Before Seen Photos of Bruce Lee From The Family Archive
- Amazing Photographs Of Carrie Fisher On A Fire Escape In New York City, 1977
- 80-Year-Old Man Masters Excel To Create Amazing Paintings
- Russian Soul In A Nutshell: Honest Photography By Dmitry Markov
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Russian Couple Build Pyramid Of Giza Replica In Their Rural Backyard
- Zombies In Tokyo Amid Coronavirus Fears