Barber Abandons Plans For Expensive New Flooring… And Covers His Shop With 70,000 Pennies
A barber came up with a clever way to cut costs by laying the floor of his new shop with 70,000 1p pieces. Rich Holtham, owner of BS4 Barbers in Dudley, West Midlands, came up with the idea after he was given an estimate of £1,000 to arrange the flooring.
Instead, the 28-year-old and his staff decided to cover the 10ft by 15ft shop with thousands of pennies.
“We had to take our own cash to the bank and we had to take hundreds of pennies out a day,” explained the owner of 4 barber shops across the UK. “In the end, we took out £700 worth of pennies. That’s 70,000 coins.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- How Male Beauty Standards Have Changed Over 100 Years
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Russian Artist Draw Interesting Pupils Of The Eyes, Here Are 11 Of Them
- Low Resolution Pets Behind Pixelated Glass Doors
- Stunning Winning Photos Of The Drone Photo Awards 2021
- Single Guy Recreates His Twin Sister’s Baby Photos Using A Cat
- Winning Photographs Of The Urban Photo Awards 2021
- Stunning Winners Of The One Eyeland World’s Top Wedding Photographers 2021