Before The Internet: Here’s What A Publishing Company’s Office Space Looked Like In The Mid-1980s
The July 1986 issue of a color computing magazine called Rainbow offers some dynamite photographs of life in a publishing company’s office space. The fashions, the computers, the decor — it’s an 80s wonder to behold.
It doesn’t really matter what office space this is; it’s enough just to gaze upon it. But for those interested, this is the Falsoft publishing building. The business started small in 1981 as a local Kentucky color computing rag printed on a dot matrix printer. The magazine Rainbow grew rapidly over the next few years, and branched into PCM magazine “The Personal Computing Magazine for Tandy Users”, and VCR “The Home Video Monthly magazine”.
Anyway, here’s a look inside where the magic happened…
Now that’s what I call a board room. The white leather chairs are classy, but even better are the ample supply of ashtrays.
The board room is fine, but we all know the real work gets done right here at the secretary’s desk. Note that, although this is the office of a computing magazine, typewriters are still alive and well.
“Can you please leave me be. I’m trying to get some work done.”
The lady in the striped sweater is not even trying to hide the fact that she’s eavesdropping on the gossip.
The relationship began in the reception area, looking over Glenda’s draft…. and it just sort of went from there.
Falsoft Publishing was pretty progressive in its dress code. If a dude wanted to wear pumps, he could wear pumps.
Hey, wait. Are those the same white shoes?
Clearly, white pumps were the “in” footwear at Falsoft.
“I’m sorry Mrs. Willoughby. We’re going to have to let you go.”
Sweet Nike high tops.
Stare in awe upon the glory of Super VGA monitors. The future is now!
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Someone Used The New Snapchat Filter On Game Of Thrones Characters
- Welcome to the Saddest 1980s Mall in America
- “Straight Out Of Inception”: Enthralling Optical Illusion Bookstore Will Draw You Into A World Of Fantasy
- 11 Totally Accurate Illustrations Showing Exactly What It’s Like to Be a Woman
- Delightfully Sarcastic Illustrations Everyone Will See Themselves In
- Japan’s Hottest New Instagram Model Is An 84-Year-Old In His Grandson’s Clothes And He Looks Amazing
- Paris Just Before WWII: Stunning Photos Capture Daily Life Of The French Capital In The 1930s
- “The Owls Are Not What They Seem”: Magical Pictures Of Owls By Daniel J Nevares
- 16 Ironic Comic Strips Every Girl will Understand