Lexus UX Crossover Gets Tyre Inspired By Nike Air Force 1 Shoes
2019 Lexus UX compact city crossover brings with it a new and unique offer, specially designed tyres. The collaborative effort sees Lexus partner with designer John Elliott to create custom tyres inspired by his John Elliott x Nike AF1 shoe. It’s being termed “Sole of the UX”.
The tyre inspiration comes from Elliott’s sneaker’s classic silhouette that ties together a clean, purposeful, and modern design. A blend of characters that UX crossover itself embodies. The tyres are itself inspired by and designed for the city, much like UX.
John Elliott x Nike AF1 shoe inspired ‘Sole of the UX’ tyres have been revealed at Elliott’s New York Fashion Week after-party over the weekend. The final product is an all-white UX with custom tyre details inspired by Elliott’s design. Custom design bits include white on white layers, double-stitched leather and a stepped metal air valve that borrows from the stacked metal lace tip in the sneaker.
“The first-ever Lexus UX was engineered and designed for the city,’ said Lisa Materazzo, Lexus VP of marketing. We wanted to push that concept even further by creating the ultimate homage to urban style: tires inspired by classic, street-style sneakers.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Instagram Account Reveals Scenes From Famous Movies With And Without Special Effects
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- University Professor Has Redesigned The Zweibrück Observatory In Germany Into R2-D2
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- An Artist Imagines If Popular Sodas Were Cartoon Character
- 36 Widespread “Truths” That Are Totally Fake
- Remarkable Tubular Glass House Built Around Tree
- The Weird World of Competitive Dog Grooming
- Rare Photos Of Los Angeles Rock Bands, 1978-1989
- This Supercargo Vehicle Is Something Out Of This World