This Is How Soviets Imagined 21st Century Will Look Like: The Soviet Eera Sci-Fi Mag That Wanted To Predict The Future
Soviets tried to predict how will future look like, in one of their magazines called “Tekhnika Molodezhi” (“Youth’s Technics”) that was a very popular mag of their time. They were covering all the newest technological trends that would emerge in both close and distant future, and some things they actually guessed. They predicted a lot of crazy things too like Mountain cities (basically a huge building) that would settle millions of people inside (judge dread movie flashback), to underground cities but also a orbital space station that actually did happen.
Each issue of the magazine had a dedicated part where they would try to predict how 21st century on Earth would look like. So below you’ll see from the earliest magazine issues up to the ones in late 1970’s. Let us see how 21st century predictions changed as 20th century technologies evolved.
They imagined cities will be underground
They imagined floating bases with elevators to sea bottom
They predicted the phone answering machine.
They imagined rocket shaped planes in future
They dreamed of plowing Soviet fields with mini-bombs! (LOL)
Imagined resonance weapons against enemy airplanes
Electro-magnetic field to prevent tanks
Huge sphere-shaped bases on Arctic to live there. (they would float if ice melts)
Aerosleighs vehicles to travel across Arctic waters
Semi-submarine ship to avoid all obstacles in the Arctic.
Electromagnetic ground stations to electro-infuse flying electro-planes!
Dirigible that could generate electricity while flying
Balloon airplanes to explore the stratosphere
New kind of steam engine cars, trains and bikes!
Electrical gyroplane fueling from from trolleybus electric lines
Supersonic jets powered by nuclear cell flying for months.
They predicted the artificial satellite around Earth.
They even predicted the orbital cosmonaut station.
First ideas of a moon base.
Monorail train system in the cities of the future.
Mountain city that would fit 55 million people inside
They predicted the artificial snow slopes, but in Summer.
Mecha-robots to help engineers.
For wall climbing too!
Bullet fast sports cars.
Electric trains that don’t need rails, perfect for other planet usage.
…and steam powered boots for that double jumb from DOOM 4
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- Haunting Colorized Photos Reveal The Devastation Caused By The Spanish Flu Which Killed At Least Fifty-Million
- Photographer Took His Drone To Capture How People Are Dealing With Quarantine
- Goats Take Over Empty Streets Of Seaside Town In Wales During The Coronavirus Outbrake
- Virtual Traveller Used Google Street View To Explore Poland During Quarantine, Here’s What She Found
- Perfect Doormats For COVID-19 Social Isolation
- The Beautiful, Surreal And Sometimes Sinister Artwork Of Jaco Putker
- Russian Artist Transforms Old, Shabby Walls Into Mesmerizing Art Objects
- #NotYourValentine: Controversial Brand Honey Birdette Lingerie Flashmob Takes To Sydney
- Historical Photos Of The 1918 Spanish Flu That Show What A Global Pandemic Looked Like In The 1910s