Concepts From Future Past: Autobianchi Runabout
Revealed at the 1969 Turin Motor Show, Bertone showed off this wild ride which looks a bit like what might have happened if Speed Racer’s Mach 5 mated with a powerboat.
The car was designed by Marcello Gandini, and was powered by mid- mounted 1.1L Fiat 128 engine and matching 4-speed gearbox.
Beyond its funky wedge shape and low profile, one of the most unusual design elements of the car were its headlights – which were mounted next to the occupants’ heads on the roll bar. You’ll also notice that the car has no doors – that’s because it was designed to be amphibious.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- An Animal Shelter Dressed Dogs in Human Clothes to Help Them Find Homes
- Parodies of “Deep” Melodramatic Instagram Captions
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- Person Uses Artificial Intelligence To Make Anime And Cartoon Characters Look More Realistic
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Seriously, 2022 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- This Artist Makes Alternative Posters For Horror Films And TV Series In The Form Of Clay Sculptures
- Makeup Artist Keeps Transforming Herself Into Characters And Celebrities