Concepts From Future Past: Autobianchi Runabout
Revealed at the 1969 Turin Motor Show, Bertone showed off this wild ride which looks a bit like what might have happened if Speed Racer’s Mach 5 mated with a powerboat.
The car was designed by Marcello Gandini, and was powered by mid- mounted 1.1L Fiat 128 engine and matching 4-speed gearbox.
Beyond its funky wedge shape and low profile, one of the most unusual design elements of the car were its headlights – which were mounted next to the occupants’ heads on the roll bar. You’ll also notice that the car has no doors – that’s because it was designed to be amphibious.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- Amusing Illustrations That Share Insights About Everyday Life And Psychology
- “Phantasmagoric Ecstasy”: The Superb Collage Artworks of Michelle Concetta
- This UFO Spaceship McDonald’s Used to Exist in Alconbury, England in the 1990s
- This Makeup Artist Transforms Herself Into Various Celebrities And Popular Characters
- Lamborghini Athon, an Amazing But Forgotten Concept Car From 1980
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- This Is Supercool 3D Printed Jesus Mecha Christ Transformer
- Illustrator Creates Posters With Deep And Hidden Meanings
- Real-Life Orc: Brazilian Tattoo Artist Has Giant Tusks Implanted to Resemble Fictional Creature