Concepts From Future Past: Autobianchi Runabout
Revealed at the 1969 Turin Motor Show, Bertone showed off this wild ride which looks a bit like what might have happened if Speed Racer’s Mach 5 mated with a powerboat.
The car was designed by Marcello Gandini, and was powered by mid- mounted 1.1L Fiat 128 engine and matching 4-speed gearbox.
Beyond its funky wedge shape and low profile, one of the most unusual design elements of the car were its headlights – which were mounted next to the occupants’ heads on the roll bar. You’ll also notice that the car has no doors – that’s because it was designed to be amphibious.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- 2020 Miss Mexico Contestants Compete In Traditional Outfits And They Are Amazing
- 2021 Pooping Dogs Calendar Is Here, and This Year Contains a Puzzle
- This Tattoo Artist Specializes in ‘Secret Tattoos’ on the Roof of the Mouth
- This Instagram Account Collects The Saddest-Sounding Places On Earth
- Woman Spends Up to 11 Hours Turning Herself Into the Most Stunning Optical Illusions
- Here’s What Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Caligula And Others Would Look Like Today
- Cowboys and Indians: Incredible Western Paintings by Mark Maggiori
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- From The Depths Of Your Nightmares – The Fantastically Disturbing Creepy Art Of Trevor Henderson