Concepts From Future Past: Autobianchi Runabout
Revealed at the 1969 Turin Motor Show, Bertone showed off this wild ride which looks a bit like what might have happened if Speed Racer’s Mach 5 mated with a powerboat.
The car was designed by Marcello Gandini, and was powered by mid- mounted 1.1L Fiat 128 engine and matching 4-speed gearbox.
Beyond its funky wedge shape and low profile, one of the most unusual design elements of the car were its headlights – which were mounted next to the occupants’ heads on the roll bar. You’ll also notice that the car has no doors – that’s because it was designed to be amphibious.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Took His Drone To Capture How People Are Dealing With Quarantine
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- How People With Bad Eyesight See The World When They Take Off Their Glasses
- Designer 3D Prints Famous Logos Into Items You Can Use Everyday
- Stroyboard Artist Marty Cooper Inserts Cartoons Into Real-World Situations
- Historical Photos Of The 1918 Spanish Flu That Show What A Global Pandemic Looked Like In The 1910s
- This Is How Some People Actually Work From Home
- Artist Reimagined Famous Paintings To See What They’d Look Like If They Were Painted During The Coronavirus Crisis
- On The Front Line: Chinese Artists Pay Tribute To Medics In The Fight With Coronavirus Outbrake
- The Ultimate 1980s Barn Find: This Guy Found A Lamborghini Countach Hiding In Grandma’s Garage For 20 Years