Company Creates Satirical T-Shirts That Intentionally Portray Man The Way Society Portrays Women
Imagine that the world as we know it was turned on its head, gender roles and stereotypes were flipped and men got to see life through the eyes of a woman’s experience. In this world, women are historically the dominant sex, taking lead roles in science, art, and exploration, while men are largely tasked with domestic duties, looking after the house and raising children.
Facebook (and Twitter) account ‘Man Who Has It All’ regularly does this, cleverly revealing the ridiculousness of the discourse around gender expectations by reversing the sexes. “Just a little reminder to smile, boys! Because women like to see positive men. A smile costs nothing.” Patronizing, isn’t it? These are the kinds of remarks that women are subjected to all the time, so by holding up a mirror to our biases in this way, the page reveals our outdated attitudes.
Now with almost 400k followers on Facebook, the popular page describes itself as “a satirical page that exposes the absurdity of the patriarchy by turning the tables,” and “highlights the sexism, stereotypes, and bias women experience every day by imagining a world where men are treated in the same way society treats women.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How Life Before AutoCAD Looked Like
- The Worst Book Covers On Amazon
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- Photographer Anthimos Ntagkas Captures Mystically Unexpected Street Pictures
- Couple Recreates “Alien” Birth Scene For Maternity Photo Shoot
- Simple Yet Funny Drawings By Gabriel Sancho
- Shanghai Studio Creates Posters To Help Fight Against Coronavirus, Inspired By Vintage Chinese Public Health Notices
- Artist Creates 16 Types Of Designer Packaging For Food Products To Show The Absurdity Of Brands
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers