Company Creates Satirical T-Shirts That Intentionally Portray Man The Way Society Portrays Women
Imagine that the world as we know it was turned on its head, gender roles and stereotypes were flipped and men got to see life through the eyes of a woman’s experience. In this world, women are historically the dominant sex, taking lead roles in science, art, and exploration, while men are largely tasked with domestic duties, looking after the house and raising children.
Facebook (and Twitter) account ‘Man Who Has It All’ regularly does this, cleverly revealing the ridiculousness of the discourse around gender expectations by reversing the sexes. “Just a little reminder to smile, boys! Because women like to see positive men. A smile costs nothing.” Patronizing, isn’t it? These are the kinds of remarks that women are subjected to all the time, so by holding up a mirror to our biases in this way, the page reveals our outdated attitudes.
Now with almost 400k followers on Facebook, the popular page describes itself as “a satirical page that exposes the absurdity of the patriarchy by turning the tables,” and “highlights the sexism, stereotypes, and bias women experience every day by imagining a world where men are treated in the same way society treats women.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Please Don’t Step On The Fish! Vietnam’s Unique Flooded Cafe
- 12 Reasons Why I Love Her
- A Great White Shark Preserved In Formaldehyde In An Abandoned Wildlife Park
- 30 Of The Most Epic 3D Tattoos
- Extraordinary Black And White Photographs Of London In The Early 1950s
- 18 Times When People Fixed Their Cars With Creativity Instead Of A Car Service
- This Photographer Took One Family’s Photo In The Same Way Each Year For 23 Years
- 15 Exquisite Illustrations Which Sum Up Perfectly How Much We Love Our Pets
- This Artist Creates Baroque And Gothic Wall Mounts Out Of Taxidermied Spiders
- The Funniest “Unattended Children” Warning Signs