Company Creates Satirical T-Shirts That Intentionally Portray Man The Way Society Portrays Women
Imagine that the world as we know it was turned on its head, gender roles and stereotypes were flipped and men got to see life through the eyes of a woman’s experience. In this world, women are historically the dominant sex, taking lead roles in science, art, and exploration, while men are largely tasked with domestic duties, looking after the house and raising children.
Facebook (and Twitter) account ‘Man Who Has It All’ regularly does this, cleverly revealing the ridiculousness of the discourse around gender expectations by reversing the sexes. “Just a little reminder to smile, boys! Because women like to see positive men. A smile costs nothing.” Patronizing, isn’t it? These are the kinds of remarks that women are subjected to all the time, so by holding up a mirror to our biases in this way, the page reveals our outdated attitudes.
Now with almost 400k followers on Facebook, the popular page describes itself as “a satirical page that exposes the absurdity of the patriarchy by turning the tables,” and “highlights the sexism, stereotypes, and bias women experience every day by imagining a world where men are treated in the same way society treats women.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Friend Asks A Photographer To Babysit Their Cat, Gets Purrfect Photos
- Things Full Of Beans That Shouldn’t Be Full Of Beans
- This Man Photoshopped Himself into Stock Photos and it’s Perfect
- Stunning Photos from the NASA’s Apollo Space Mission to the Moon and Back
- Daredevil Ukrainian Stalkers Took Stunning Photos Inside The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone In 2019
- Japanese Illustrator Imagines A World Where Humans Live Among Giant Animals
- How Remote Russian Places Would Look Like If They Had A Bit More Care
- This is What Politics Looks Like When You Delete Men from the Pictures
- Total Strangers Who Could Actually Be Identical Twins
- When Photos Looked Like Paintings: Dreamy Landscape Photographs Taken By Leonard Misonne