Japanese Artist Creates Stunningly Realistic Pen And Pencil Illustrations
Talented illustrator Yuuki Tokuda is well known not only on Twitter and Instagram for his original characters that have become books and merchandise, but for his incredibly lifelike drawings. His most recent work, however, may just be his best yet. With a pen, pencil, and copic marker, the impressive artist has been blowing minds on Twitter by creating an ultra-realistic squid that looks like it’s been dropped on a cutting board, not a piece of paper.
The texture of the squid is so well rendered, and each detail such as moisture, tentacle curls, and an always-watching eye are recreated so well, it’s hard to believe this isn’t an actual squid. Even Tokuda’s step-by-step process is barely convincing of it being otherwise.
This isn’t the first time Tokuda has drawn such a lifelike squid, however. Two years ago he shared this equally detailed and especially shiny drawing.
Tokuda’s realistic artwork resume doesn’t just stop at eels–he’s also drawn moray eels, as well as edamame and chicken wings that look good enough to eat!
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- These Young People from Lagos, Nigeria Took Smartphone Photography to The Next Level
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- The Lost Tribes Of Tierra Del Fuego: Rare And Haunting Photos Of Selk’nam People Posing With Their Traditional Body-Painting
- This Dude Keeps Protesting Annoying Everyday Things With Funny Signs
- Running In The Night: The Superb ’80s Cyberpunk Artworks By Daniele Gasparini
- KangHee Kim’s Images Are As Satisfying To Create As They Are To Look At
- A Los Angeles Artist Is Selling $180 “Karen” Halloween Masks, Calling Them “The Real Monsters of 2020”
- Man Creates “Passive-Aggressive Art Gallery” For His Roommate’s Mes
- These Amazing Vivid Photochromes Depict the Princely County of Tyrol in 1890, a Mountainous Region of The Austro-Hungarian Empire
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers