Japanese Artist Creates Stunningly Realistic Pen And Pencil Illustrations
Talented illustrator Yuuki Tokuda is well known not only on Twitter and Instagram for his original characters that have become books and merchandise, but for his incredibly lifelike drawings. His most recent work, however, may just be his best yet. With a pen, pencil, and copic marker, the impressive artist has been blowing minds on Twitter by creating an ultra-realistic squid that looks like it’s been dropped on a cutting board, not a piece of paper.
The texture of the squid is so well rendered, and each detail such as moisture, tentacle curls, and an always-watching eye are recreated so well, it’s hard to believe this isn’t an actual squid. Even Tokuda’s step-by-step process is barely convincing of it being otherwise.
This isn’t the first time Tokuda has drawn such a lifelike squid, however. Two years ago he shared this equally detailed and especially shiny drawing.
Tokuda’s realistic artwork resume doesn’t just stop at eels–he’s also drawn moray eels, as well as edamame and chicken wings that look good enough to eat!
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- The Most Impressive Photos From The Ocean Photography Awards 2021 Finalists
- Funny Animal Pics That Just Don’t Make Any Sense, As Shared On This Instagram Account
- Sensual Black and White Portrait Photos of Goldie Hawn Taken by Joseph Klipple in 1964
- There’s an Atmospheric Abandoned Jurassic Park Located in the Heart of Russia
- Artist Creates Very Detailed Scary Images And The More You Look, The More Frightening They Become
- “Shadows”: The Superb Cinematic, Dark and Melancholic Photoworks of Kaiwan Shaban
- Artist Shows Us What Famous Characters Would Look Like In Real Life
- Playfully Illustrated Surfboards By Jean Jullien
- “Empty Home”: The Superb Dark, Surreal and Sci-Fi Artworks of Miko del Rosario
- This Artist Drew These 30 Animals So “Badly”, It Might Be A New Style