Japanese Artist Creates Stunningly Realistic Pen And Pencil Illustrations
Talented illustrator Yuuki Tokuda is well known not only on Twitter and Instagram for his original characters that have become books and merchandise, but for his incredibly lifelike drawings. His most recent work, however, may just be his best yet. With a pen, pencil, and copic marker, the impressive artist has been blowing minds on Twitter by creating an ultra-realistic squid that looks like it’s been dropped on a cutting board, not a piece of paper.
The texture of the squid is so well rendered, and each detail such as moisture, tentacle curls, and an always-watching eye are recreated so well, it’s hard to believe this isn’t an actual squid. Even Tokuda’s step-by-step process is barely convincing of it being otherwise.
This isn’t the first time Tokuda has drawn such a lifelike squid, however. Two years ago he shared this equally detailed and especially shiny drawing.
Tokuda’s realistic artwork resume doesn’t just stop at eels–he’s also drawn moray eels, as well as edamame and chicken wings that look good enough to eat!
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Forensic Artist Reconstructs Face From A Skull-Shaped Vodka Bottle
- Italian Artist Illustrates the Sad Truth of Modern Life
- Once You See These Rare Historical Photos, You’ll Never Forget Them
- Rare Photographs Reveal British Soldiers Manning Anti-Aircraft Guns in Full Drag in World War II
- Amazing Photographs Capture Punk Scenes in East Germany During the 1980s
- Valentin Pavageau, the Traveler of a Psychedelic Universe
- This Instagram Account Creates Sinister Parodies of Kid’s Cooks To Ruin Your Childhood Memories
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s