‘A Selfie with a Weapon Kills’: Russia Launches Campaign Urging Photo Safety
Russian police have launched a campaign urging people to take safer selfies after accidents caused by high-risk poses have resulted in about 100 injuries and dozens of deaths this year.
“A cool selfie could cost you your life,” the interior ministry warned in a new leaflet packed with tips such as “a selfie with a weapon kills”.
That warning comes after a string of recent selfie-related accidents. In May, a 21-year-old woman accidentally shot herself in the head in Moscow while taking a selfie holding a pistol. She suffered injuries but survived.
In January, two young men died in the Urals while taking a selfie holding a hand grenade with the pin pulled out. The mobile phone with the selfie survived as a record.
In May, a teenager in the Ryazan region died while attempting to photograph himself as he climbed on a railway bridge and accidentally came into contact with live electrical wires.
“Unfortunately we have noted recently that the number of accidents caused by lovers of self-photography is constantly increasing,” said Yelena Alexeyeva, an aide to the interior minister. “Since the beginning of the year we are talking about some hundred cases of injuries for sure.”
The campaign includes leaflets, a video and advice on the ministry’s website, and uses warning signs in the style of road signs to get its message across.
Via The Guardian
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 40 Times People Thought Their T-Shirts Were Cool But Looked Completely Cringeworthy
- Unknown Artist Creates Amazing Studio Ghibli Anime Character Moss Murals In Countryside
- Heartbreaking Pics Of Aging Dogs Show Them Grow From Puppyhood To Old Age
- Brutally Honest Brand Slogans By Clif Dickens
- This Heartbreaking Sculpture Depicts The 82 Kids That Were Handed Over To The Nazis In The Town Of Lidice Back In 1942
- 6 Illustrations That Sum Up Instagram Perfectly
- Unique Photos Capture A Couple’s Visit To ‘Stranger Things 3’ Filming Locations
- How Do Perceptions Of Beauty Vary Across The Globe?
- Amazing Vintage Photographs Of Cat’s Meat Sellers In London In The Early 20th Century
- “Real Life Film Noir”: Vintage Crime Scenes From The LAPD Archives