‘A Selfie with a Weapon Kills’: Russia Launches Campaign Urging Photo Safety
Russian police have launched a campaign urging people to take safer selfies after accidents caused by high-risk poses have resulted in about 100 injuries and dozens of deaths this year.
“A cool selfie could cost you your life,” the interior ministry warned in a new leaflet packed with tips such as “a selfie with a weapon kills”.
That warning comes after a string of recent selfie-related accidents. In May, a 21-year-old woman accidentally shot herself in the head in Moscow while taking a selfie holding a pistol. She suffered injuries but survived.
In January, two young men died in the Urals while taking a selfie holding a hand grenade with the pin pulled out. The mobile phone with the selfie survived as a record.
In May, a teenager in the Ryazan region died while attempting to photograph himself as he climbed on a railway bridge and accidentally came into contact with live electrical wires.
“Unfortunately we have noted recently that the number of accidents caused by lovers of self-photography is constantly increasing,” said Yelena Alexeyeva, an aide to the interior minister. “Since the beginning of the year we are talking about some hundred cases of injuries for sure.”
The campaign includes leaflets, a video and advice on the ministry’s website, and uses warning signs in the style of road signs to get its message across.
Via The Guardian
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Having No Computer, This Teacher From Ghana Would Teach Microsoft Word To Students On A Blackboard
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Here’s What Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Caligula And Others Would Look Like Today
- No Pants Subway Ride Around The World 2020 In Photos
- This Makeup Artist Doesn’t Use Photoshop, But Makes Women Look Way Younger And Happier
- Before And After: How The Russian Army Changes Soldiers
- Photographer Took Pictures Of Women in 60 Countries To Change The Way We See Beauty
- Zero Fucks Coins Allow You To Literally Give Zero Fucks
- The Monster Building: Photographer Tristan Zhou Captures Epic Photos Of Dystopian Asian Cityscapes
- Stunning Interior Views Of The Central Social Institution In Prague, Czechoslovakia, 1937