Defenders Of The Soviet Arctic During The Great Patriotic War – The Giant Monument On The Edge Of Russia
The monument ‘Defenders of the Soviet Arctic during the Great Patriotic War’ – better known as ‘Alyosha’ celebrates the defense of Murmansk during WWII. As a result of the long and exhausting clashes in 1941-1942, Soviet troops thwarted joint German-Finnish armies to capture this important Soviet northern port-city.
The square with this 115 feet-high monument is beloved by locals and visitors to the city alike, since here they can enjoy remarkable views over Murmansk.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984
- Candid Photographs Captured Prostitution Scenes in Paris in 1966
- Powerful Illustrations By Japanese Artist That Will Make You Think
- 30 Surprising Facts You Might Not Know About
- These Women Let Hairdresser Kristina Katsabina Cut Their Long Hair And Did Not Regret It
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Photographer Makes Incredible Macro Shots Of Insects And Wildlife Creatures
- Amazing Winners Of The 2021 iPhone Photography Awards
- 16 Moms Who’re Proud Of Their Perfect Imperfections