Highly Detailed Illustrations By Ilya Milstein
Ilya Milstein is a Milan-born, Melbourne-raised and New-York based illustrator that works in a pretty traditional way.
«I’m drafting all my work with blue pencil, then hand-drawing them with black ink on paper before coloring them in computer», he says.
Ilya’s colorful and highly detailed artwork is inspired by a lot of artists around the world. From Netherlandish renaissance painters like Hieronymus Bosch to newspaper cartoonists like Richard F.Outcault or 80’s European cartoonists and illustrators like Yves Chaland.
«I try to let as many influences as possible enter my work».
«I’ve tried to achieve a style that is objective, using shading, flat colors and limited systemes of graphical projection. With the hope that my work feels relatable and allows the viewer to enter the image».
As a big fan of comics, he used to read and draw comics obsessively through his childhood.
Ilya is a true self-taught and didn’t study illustration or graphic design at university.
«I was frequently asked to draw things like band posters and occasionnally album art for everyone around me». After a while, he started to get better commissions and was approached by the New-York Times and various other press titles. «It all happened in a natural way, but with a lot of work !», he adds.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories:
- Awesome Illustrations About Women by Majéon
- “One Day with Salvador Dalí”: A Surreal Photo Shoot of Salvador Dalì in His Seaside Villa, 1955
- “City Life”: The Superb Contemporary Oil Paintings of Vincent Giarrano
- “So Many Tons of Democracy Waiting to Get Delivered”: The Superb Sci-Fi Concept Artworks of Ronan Le Fur
- “Future Cities”: Distorted Cityscapes by Ruben Frosali
- Ukrainian Artist Spent Seven Month to Create This Relief Wood Carving
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- “False Gods”: The Superb Retro Aesthetic Artworks of Fârzad Borousan
- 45 Glamorous Photos Of Young Sophie Marceau In The 1980s
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s