Clever Minibikes Built Out of Welded Fenders From Vintage Volkswagen Beetles
Brent Walter, a self-described “maker and builder of a variety of things”, has created a really clever “Volkspod” minibikes that are built out of fenders from vintage Volkswagen Beetles. Walter came up with this idea in March 2019 while working his home workshop in Huntington, Indiana.
The project appears have been borne out a complete Vintage VW Beetle remodel Walter had previously completed, as he removed all four fenders from the car. He then decided to cut the fenders and weld the pieces together to create a unified swirl that could easily sit over a minibike frame and motor. The finished result was good, but Walter found a way to make it better in Version Two, which had more power and clearance.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Accidentally Brilliant Shots By Edas Won
- 18 Astoundingly Accurate Diagrams Showing What It’s Really Like To Be An Introvert
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days
- Beautiful Portraits of Highland Park High School Teenage Girls, 1947
- Photographer Amanda Jones Shows A Dog’s Love Is Timeless
- Amazing Snapshots Capture Street Life in New York City From the Mid-1930s to the End of the 1940s
- These Photographs Of Fathers And Their Sons Reveal The Full Wonder Of Human Genes