Innovative Bike Doubles As Washing Machine To Clean Your Clothes As You Exercise
For anyone that loathes laundry but loves biking, the design students at Dalian Nationalities University in China have a compromise to make the chore more enjoyable. Their creation, aptly-called the Bike Washing Machine (or BiWa for short), combines the two activities into one stationary device. A washing machine drum is ingeniously integrated into the wheel of a bike that cleans your clothes as you pedal.
According to the students who created BiWa, the way it works is simple: “When you ride this bike, the pedaling motion causes the drum of the washing machine to rotate,” they write on Tuvie.
At the same time, the extra electricity generated can be used to power the display screen or stored for future rides.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Designer Creates a Unique Table Lighting Based on Brutalist Soviet Architecture and Other Things
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- Beautiful Photos of Margaux Hemingway in the 1970s and ’80s
- The Story Behind John Lennon’s Psychedelic Rolls-Royce Phantom V
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- The World of Fairy Tales: Dreamy Illustrations by David Listón
- Sexy Pictures Of ABBA’s Agnetha Faltskog Posed For Sweden’s Poster Magazine In 1976
- Cool Photos Defined Fashion Styles of Young Women in the 1970s
- Hans Jörgen Johansen Creates Fictional Landscapes Imbued With Eeriness
- Bloody Brutal Vintage Crime Scene Photos From The Los Angeles Police Department Archives