Instagram’s “Pointless Packaging” Is Both Hilarious And Socially Aware
Plastic waste is one of the biggest environmental issues we’re facing as a society, but that’s not stopping major supermarket chains from packaging their products in the most pointless ways. These wasteful attempts range from baffling to downright hilarious, and there’s an entire Instagram page devoted to them.
This social media account is titled @pointless_packaging and it attracted over 37,000 followers so far. The whole thing may seem hilarious at first because there’s no logical explanation behind some of the packaging displayed, but this page isn’t there just for laughs.
The main mission of this page is to raise awareness by displaying some of the most ridiculous examples of pointless plastic packaging most of us encounter in person. The majority of the photos feature pre-packaged fruits and veggies and they’ll force you to look at the way you shop for food in a whole new light.
The masterminds behind this page are even encouraging people to sign Green Peace’s petition that tells UK supermarkets to ditch plastic packaging. Hopefully, they’ll run out of things to post one day and we’ll get to live in a world where this kind of plastic waste no longer exists.
View this post on Instagram
We prefer our packaging well done 😡😡😡😡 6 individually wrapped steaks in @marksandspencer – sustainability is clearly not high enough on their agenda. We hope they enjoyed some good PR for their plastic free aisle trial #pointlesspackaginggetspassiveaggressive #pointlesspackaging #steakwelldone
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories:
- Aerial Photographer Created A Miniature Utopian Village And It Took Him 2 Years To Finish
- The Everyday Struggles Of All Plus-Size Women Depicted By The Artist Gabriele Pennacchioli
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- Toys In The Basement: Beautiful Creepy Dolls By Annie Montgomerie
- 20 Chinese Women Before And After Plastic Surgery
- Beautiful ’60s Fashion Photography by Henry Clarke
- Incredible Colorized Photos Of Soldiers During World War One
- Stunning Vintage Photos That Capture New York’s Subway Since The ’80s
- “Aloha from Hawaii”: Sunny Surfing Paintings by Jack Soren
- Daniel Garcia Creates Thought-Provoking Illustrations That Show What’s Wrong With Our Society