Instagram’s “Pointless Packaging” Is Both Hilarious And Socially Aware
Plastic waste is one of the biggest environmental issues we’re facing as a society, but that’s not stopping major supermarket chains from packaging their products in the most pointless ways. These wasteful attempts range from baffling to downright hilarious, and there’s an entire Instagram page devoted to them.
This social media account is titled @pointless_packaging and it attracted over 37,000 followers so far. The whole thing may seem hilarious at first because there’s no logical explanation behind some of the packaging displayed, but this page isn’t there just for laughs.
The main mission of this page is to raise awareness by displaying some of the most ridiculous examples of pointless plastic packaging most of us encounter in person. The majority of the photos feature pre-packaged fruits and veggies and they’ll force you to look at the way you shop for food in a whole new light.
The masterminds behind this page are even encouraging people to sign Green Peace’s petition that tells UK supermarkets to ditch plastic packaging. Hopefully, they’ll run out of things to post one day and we’ll get to live in a world where this kind of plastic waste no longer exists.
View this post on Instagram
We prefer our packaging well done 😡😡😡😡 6 individually wrapped steaks in @marksandspencer – sustainability is clearly not high enough on their agenda. We hope they enjoyed some good PR for their plastic free aisle trial #pointlesspackaginggetspassiveaggressive #pointlesspackaging #steakwelldone
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- An Animal Shelter Dressed Dogs in Human Clothes to Help Them Find Homes
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- Parodies of “Deep” Melodramatic Instagram Captions
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- Person Uses Artificial Intelligence To Make Anime And Cartoon Characters Look More Realistic
- Seriously, 2022 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Makeup Artist Keeps Transforming Herself Into Characters And Celebrities
- This Artist Makes Alternative Posters For Horror Films And TV Series In The Form Of Clay Sculptures