Instagram’s “Pointless Packaging” Is Both Hilarious And Socially Aware
Plastic waste is one of the biggest environmental issues we’re facing as a society, but that’s not stopping major supermarket chains from packaging their products in the most pointless ways. These wasteful attempts range from baffling to downright hilarious, and there’s an entire Instagram page devoted to them.
This social media account is titled @pointless_packaging and it attracted over 37,000 followers so far. The whole thing may seem hilarious at first because there’s no logical explanation behind some of the packaging displayed, but this page isn’t there just for laughs.
The main mission of this page is to raise awareness by displaying some of the most ridiculous examples of pointless plastic packaging most of us encounter in person. The majority of the photos feature pre-packaged fruits and veggies and they’ll force you to look at the way you shop for food in a whole new light.
The masterminds behind this page are even encouraging people to sign Green Peace’s petition that tells UK supermarkets to ditch plastic packaging. Hopefully, they’ll run out of things to post one day and we’ll get to live in a world where this kind of plastic waste no longer exists.
View this post on Instagram
We prefer our packaging well done 😡😡😡😡 6 individually wrapped steaks in @marksandspencer – sustainability is clearly not high enough on their agenda. We hope they enjoyed some good PR for their plastic free aisle trial #pointlesspackaginggetspassiveaggressive #pointlesspackaging #steakwelldone
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Here’s How Some of Rock and Roll Legends Would Look Like Today If They Weren’t Dead
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Julianne Moore As Famous Works Of Art
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits Of Famous Historical Figures And Their Direct Descendants
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- “Let The Water Be Your Guide”: The Ultra-Realistic Watercolor Paintings Of Marcos Beccari
- This Alien Face Mask Is Sure To Keep Covid At Bay
- “Back To The Nature”: Artist Combines Everyday Objects With Plants To Create Intriguing Sculptures And Installations
- The Apocalypse Of Pop Culture By Filip Hodas
- Artist Replaces Jurassic Park Dinosaurs With Those From The Show Dinosaurs