Instagram’s “Pointless Packaging” Is Both Hilarious And Socially Aware
Plastic waste is one of the biggest environmental issues we’re facing as a society, but that’s not stopping major supermarket chains from packaging their products in the most pointless ways. These wasteful attempts range from baffling to downright hilarious, and there’s an entire Instagram page devoted to them.
This social media account is titled @pointless_packaging and it attracted over 37,000 followers so far. The whole thing may seem hilarious at first because there’s no logical explanation behind some of the packaging displayed, but this page isn’t there just for laughs.
The main mission of this page is to raise awareness by displaying some of the most ridiculous examples of pointless plastic packaging most of us encounter in person. The majority of the photos feature pre-packaged fruits and veggies and they’ll force you to look at the way you shop for food in a whole new light.
The masterminds behind this page are even encouraging people to sign Green Peace’s petition that tells UK supermarkets to ditch plastic packaging. Hopefully, they’ll run out of things to post one day and we’ll get to live in a world where this kind of plastic waste no longer exists.
View this post on Instagram
We prefer our packaging well done 😡😡😡😡 6 individually wrapped steaks in @marksandspencer – sustainability is clearly not high enough on their agenda. We hope they enjoyed some good PR for their plastic free aisle trial #pointlesspackaginggetspassiveaggressive #pointlesspackaging #steakwelldone
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- Haunting Colorized Photos Reveal The Devastation Caused By The Spanish Flu Which Killed At Least Fifty-Million
- Perfect Doormats For COVID-19 Social Isolation
- Photographer Took His Drone To Capture How People Are Dealing With Quarantine
- Virtual Traveller Used Google Street View To Explore Poland During Quarantine, Here’s What She Found
- Goats Take Over Empty Streets Of Seaside Town In Wales During The Coronavirus Outbrake
- The Beautiful, Surreal And Sometimes Sinister Artwork Of Jaco Putker
- Russian Artist Transforms Old, Shabby Walls Into Mesmerizing Art Objects
- #NotYourValentine: Controversial Brand Honey Birdette Lingerie Flashmob Takes To Sydney
- Historical Photos Of The 1918 Spanish Flu That Show What A Global Pandemic Looked Like In The 1910s