Artist Shows The ‘Unseen’ Side Of Popular Characters And People Are Saying It Looks Just Wrong
Do you like pop culture, dark humor, the occasional pun, and having your childhood ruined? You’re about to find out—once you see these illustrations by Chicago illustrator Alex Solis, you won’t be able to unsee them.
In his series “Unpopular Culture,” Solis digs a little too deep into what’s under popular character designs.
“This new series I created more so as a fun project to view the unpopular side of pop culture,” he says. “I wanted a ‘reveal’ type of series, so the user also feels like they’re a part of the series, with some interaction to the reveals.”
Solis’ website Oddworx also features books, figurines and merch from his previous projects, like “Unmasked,” comparing characters who can be traced back to similar fiction tropes.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- Rare Photos Of Melania Trump As A Model At 16-Years-Old In Slovenia
- The Story Of The Wind And The Sea: Latvia-Based Vietnamese Artist Perfectly Illustrates Baltic Tales And Legends
- Japanese Artist Turns Awkward Animal Photos Into Beautiful Sculptures
- Closer Than We Think: 40 Visions Of The Future World According To Arthur Radebaugh
- Walmart Keeps Posting Pictures of This Employee Posing With Stuff, She Goes Viral
- Stunning Photos From The Bosch Parade, The Sailing Parade In The Spirit Of Jheronimus Bosch
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers