Revenant Bear Mauls Comic-Con: Ex-‘Mythbusters’ Host’s Annual Incognito Costume Includes Leonardo DiCaprio Corpse
Cosplay master Adam Savage is revealing his annual Comic-Con costume: The former Mythbusters host just stormed the San Diego Convention Center dressed as the vicious bear from The Revenant — complete with a dummy mauled corpse of Leonardo DiCaprio (clutching an Oscar!). It’s might be the most clever costume idea yet from Savage, who recently gave a TedTalk on the subject of cosplay and each year goes incognito at the fan convention dressed in one of his creations.
“The inspiration comes from having always wanted to make a big realistic kinda scary bear costume. I couldn’t tell you why, I just like the idea. I’ve thought about it for a few years now, and I was in New Jersey last winter working with Rick Lyon, who’s a master puppeteer, and we were working with fur for puppets and corset boning. And I realized I could make a large costume that was light weight rather than heavy. And I thought the greatest joke would be to be a bear and drag around the carcass of Leonardo DiCaprio.”, Adam told Entertainment Weekly.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- Before Tesla, There Was Anadol, Legendary Turkish Dune Buggy
- Meet Amina Ependieva – A Chechen Girl Who Is Admired For Her Unusual Beauty
- Vintage, Rare, Candid, Funny, Beautiful, Weird And Awesome Celebrity Photos
- Olympus Mons – The Largest Volcano in The Solar System
- Accidents Waiting To Happen Thanks To These Architects And Designers
- “Pathologic”: Imaginative, Bizarre and Otherworldy Paintings of Peter Ferguson
- These Beautiful 16th Century Watercolors Illustrate the History of Comets And Meteors
- These Are the World’s Oldest Masks Ever Discovered, And Are Estimated to Be 9000 Years Old
- A McDonald’s in New Zealand Lets Diners Eat Inside a Decommissioned Airplane