Company Asks 100 People To Draw 10 Car Logos From Memory, Receives Hilarious Results
How well do you know car logos? Sure, you may remember the simple ones like Audi or Mercedes but what about the more complicated ones like Alfa Romeo or Vauxhall? UK user van retailer Van Monster wanted to see just how well people remember car logos and asked 100 people to draw them from memory. They challenged and rated the results of 46 men and 54 women and the results ranged from “pretty accurate” to “absolutely terrible”.
Around 80% of the drawings got the colors correct and 78% remembered the shapes. However, when it came to adding details, this proved to be more difficult. According to Van Monster, only 12% of the drawings turned out nearly perfect and 26% turned out good. “Generally, as expected, the simpler the logo, the more accurately participants were able to recall and draw,” said the company.
See people’s attempts at recreating car logos in the gallery below!
Evolution of BMW logo
Evolution of Audi logo
Evolution of Alfa Romeo logo
Evolution of Ferrari logo
Evolution of Ford logo
After gathering all of the drawings, Van Monster got them analyzed by five expert designers and marketing analysts. They graded the color, shape, details, and font of each drawing and placed them on a grid based on accuracy.
The company then interviewed Charlie Bell, the Creative Director at one of Scotland’s leading creative agencies called Whitespace, who said that we are seeing a massive shift in the automotive industry. “Technology has infiltrated every aspect of it. Self-driving cars, interactive dashboards, GPS, smart lanes, AI traffic systems. Tesla has ripped up the rule book in terms of branding,” said the man. “Tesla is not just a car company, it’s a tech brand. They act more like Apple than they do Ford.”
Bell pointed out that some brands are switching from shiny logos to more minimalistic ones. “And it is telling that the logos people could recall best where the simplest yet most striking,” said the Creative Director.
Evolution of Volkswagen logo
Evolution of Peugeot logo
Evolution of Renault logo
Evolution of Toyota logo
Evolution of Vauxhall logo
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Italian Graphic Designer Emanuele Abrate Perfectly Fixes The ‘World’s Worst Logos’
- “In A Parallel Universe”: Artist Exposes Sexism By Switching Up Gender Roles In Old-School Ads
- This Paper Memo Pad Excavates Hidden Objects As It Gets Used
- The Incredible Art Of Maciej Kuciara, Who’s Worked On The Last Of Us, Ghost In The Shell & Crysis
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Here’s What Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Caligula And Others Would Look Like Today
- The Biggest Anamorphic Illusion In The World Has Been Successfully Revealed On The Largest Outdoor Advertising Screen In South Korea
- Family Of Romanian Photographer Moved To A Small Town In The UK And He Started Discovering The Beauty Of This Country
- This Restaurant In Bangkok Uses Cartoon Dragon Dolls As Space Keepers For Social Distancing
- Photographer Jacqueline Roberts Uses 166-Year-Old Technique To Shoot Kids