Company Asks 100 People To Draw 10 Car Logos From Memory, Receives Hilarious Results
How well do you know car logos? Sure, you may remember the simple ones like Audi or Mercedes but what about the more complicated ones like Alfa Romeo or Vauxhall? UK user van retailer Van Monster wanted to see just how well people remember car logos and asked 100 people to draw them from memory. They challenged and rated the results of 46 men and 54 women and the results ranged from “pretty accurate” to “absolutely terrible”.
Around 80% of the drawings got the colors correct and 78% remembered the shapes. However, when it came to adding details, this proved to be more difficult. According to Van Monster, only 12% of the drawings turned out nearly perfect and 26% turned out good. “Generally, as expected, the simpler the logo, the more accurately participants were able to recall and draw,” said the company.
See people’s attempts at recreating car logos in the gallery below!
Evolution of BMW logo
Evolution of Audi logo
Evolution of Alfa Romeo logo
Evolution of Ferrari logo
Evolution of Ford logo
After gathering all of the drawings, Van Monster got them analyzed by five expert designers and marketing analysts. They graded the color, shape, details, and font of each drawing and placed them on a grid based on accuracy.
The company then interviewed Charlie Bell, the Creative Director at one of Scotland’s leading creative agencies called Whitespace, who said that we are seeing a massive shift in the automotive industry. “Technology has infiltrated every aspect of it. Self-driving cars, interactive dashboards, GPS, smart lanes, AI traffic systems. Tesla has ripped up the rule book in terms of branding,” said the man. “Tesla is not just a car company, it’s a tech brand. They act more like Apple than they do Ford.”
Bell pointed out that some brands are switching from shiny logos to more minimalistic ones. “And it is telling that the logos people could recall best where the simplest yet most striking,” said the Creative Director.
Evolution of Volkswagen logo
Evolution of Peugeot logo
Evolution of Renault logo
Evolution of Toyota logo
Evolution of Vauxhall logo
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- The Lost Tribes Of Tierra Del Fuego: Rare And Haunting Photos Of Selk’nam People Posing With Their Traditional Body-Painting
- These Young People from Lagos, Nigeria Took Smartphone Photography to The Next Level
- A Los Angeles Artist Is Selling $180 “Karen” Halloween Masks, Calling Them “The Real Monsters of 2020”
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- Running In The Night: The Superb ’80s Cyberpunk Artworks By Daniele Gasparini
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Woman Uses Her iPhone To Capture Portraits Of Strangers On Her Daily Commute To Work, And The Result Is Impressive
- Meet Sara Shakeel, The Original Crystal Artist
- Life Is Tough, But Keep Going: Colorful And Sunny Illustrations By Xi Zhang
- These Amazing Vivid Photochromes Depict the Princely County of Tyrol in 1890, a Mountainous Region of The Austro-Hungarian Empire