Gluten-Free Art Museum Lets You Enjoy Famous Artworks Without Gluten
In one of the weirdest Internet art projects we’ve ever seen, French graphic artist Arthur Coulet has created a Tumblr called the Gluten-Free Museum that removes everything containing gluten from famous classical paintings. Some of the changes are subtle, while others are huge, but they all share one common vision – a world without gluten.
Gluten is a protein that forms when proteins in wheat and other grains are mixed with water while being processed. Most of us are fine with it. Celiac disease, however, makes gluten react with and damage the small intestines. Though only about 1% of the population has gluten, there has been a recent movement suggesting that gluten causes many more issues and that avoiding it can help treat or even cure a wide range of diseases. Though most of these people don’t actually need to avoid gluten, the growing popularity of gluten-free food has caused an explosion in food choices for those actually affected by Celiac disease.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- The Lost Tribes Of Tierra Del Fuego: Rare And Haunting Photos Of Selk’nam People Posing With Their Traditional Body-Painting
- A Los Angeles Artist Is Selling $180 “Karen” Halloween Masks, Calling Them “The Real Monsters of 2020”
- Running In The Night: The Superb ’80s Cyberpunk Artworks By Daniele Gasparini
- These Young People from Lagos, Nigeria Took Smartphone Photography to The Next Level
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- Woman Uses Her iPhone To Capture Portraits Of Strangers On Her Daily Commute To Work, And The Result Is Impressive
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- These Amazing Vivid Photochromes Depict the Princely County of Tyrol in 1890, a Mountainous Region of The Austro-Hungarian Empire
- The Suerb Digital Neon Art Of Nick Kempton
- Meet Sara Shakeel, The Original Crystal Artist