Gluten-Free Art Museum Lets You Enjoy Famous Artworks Without Gluten
In one of the weirdest Internet art projects we’ve ever seen, French graphic artist Arthur Coulet has created a Tumblr called the Gluten-Free Museum that removes everything containing gluten from famous classical paintings. Some of the changes are subtle, while others are huge, but they all share one common vision – a world without gluten.
Gluten is a protein that forms when proteins in wheat and other grains are mixed with water while being processed. Most of us are fine with it. Celiac disease, however, makes gluten react with and damage the small intestines. Though only about 1% of the population has gluten, there has been a recent movement suggesting that gluten causes many more issues and that avoiding it can help treat or even cure a wide range of diseases. Though most of these people don’t actually need to avoid gluten, the growing popularity of gluten-free food has caused an explosion in food choices for those actually affected by Celiac disease.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Italian Graphic Designer Emanuele Abrate Perfectly Fixes The ‘World’s Worst Logos’
- “In A Parallel Universe”: Artist Exposes Sexism By Switching Up Gender Roles In Old-School Ads
- This Paper Memo Pad Excavates Hidden Objects As It Gets Used
- The Incredible Art Of Maciej Kuciara, Who’s Worked On The Last Of Us, Ghost In The Shell & Crysis
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Here’s What Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Caligula And Others Would Look Like Today
- The Biggest Anamorphic Illusion In The World Has Been Successfully Revealed On The Largest Outdoor Advertising Screen In South Korea
- Family Of Romanian Photographer Moved To A Small Town In The UK And He Started Discovering The Beauty Of This Country
- This Restaurant In Bangkok Uses Cartoon Dragon Dolls As Space Keepers For Social Distancing
- Photographer Jacqueline Roberts Uses 166-Year-Old Technique To Shoot Kids