UK Artist Unveils COVID-19 Glass Sculpture, One Million Times The Size Of The Virus
Acclaimed artist Luke Jerram (previously) has unveiled a glass sculpture of COVID-19 in tribute to all the hardworking medical staff and scientists.
Commissioned five weeks ago, the work is 23cm in diameter, one MILLION times the size of the deadly disease. Made using a process of scientific glassblowing, the model is based on the latest understanding and diagrams of COVID-19.
Profits from the sculpture will be going to Médecins Sans Frontières who will be assisting developing countries deal with the fallout of the coronavirus epidemic.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Here’s How Some of Rock and Roll Legends Would Look Like Today If They Weren’t Dead
- “The World In Faces”: Photographer’s Incredible Portraits Of People Who Live In Some Of The Most Remote Corners Of The Earth
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- Zombies Descend On Hamburg To Protest Against Two-Day Meeting Of ‘Political Elite’
- Sleeping With The Devil: A Weird And Wonderful Collection Of Medieval Bedroom Hijinks With Creatures From Hell
- Artist Draws Wholesome Watercolor Comics Where A Cat Is Giving Out Mental Health Advice
- A Group Of Czech Students Recreate Weird And Strange Scenes From Medieval Books
- This Is What Happens When You Peel Off 30 Years Of Graffiti
- Artist Portrays Mystical Creatures In Their Vulnerable Form – When They Were Still Babies