AquaMermaid founder Marielle Chartier Henault swims in a pool with a group of divers in Montreal, February 19, 2015. The school teaches kids and adults how to swim wearing mermaid tails, and offers mermaid-themed parties. (Photo by Christinne Muschi/Reuters)
Continue reading »
Portraits of the All-Star high school athletes in volleyball, baseball, softball, tennis and track and field. All photos were taken at the Old Pueblo Trolley Motor Bus Division Headquarters.
Emily Robinson, of Ironwood Ridge High School, poses for a portrait in between two former San Tran busses from 1975 and 1989. The busses are located at the Old Pueblo Trolley Motor Bus Division Headquarters, 10 North Park Avenue. (Photo: Mamta Popat / Arizona Daily Star)
Continue reading »
A female student opens her cufflinks with her teeth, after crawling through mud at Tianjiao Special Guard/Security Consultant camp on the outskirts of Beijing December 12, 2013. Former Chinese soldier Chen Yongqing has big ambitions for his bodyguard training school Tianjiao, which he says is China’s first professional academy to train former soldiers and others as personal security guards. Chen charges 500,000 yuan ($82,400) a year for each protector as China’s rich and famous look to bolster their safety and sense of importance. (Photo by Jason Lee/Reuters) Continue reading »
To “raise awareness of the social and economic challenges the city of Detroit,” the folks at Detroiturbex decided to tell the story about an abandoned Lewis Cass Technical High School with the help of superimposed then-and-now photos. First, they photographed every room the old Detroit school, which was abandoned after a 2007 fire. Then they put the pictures of the buzzing life from the past on top of them.
These sad pictures are a mirror of today’s Detroit. The city has suffered tremendous population increases and then rapid declines. Today, Detroit is designed for 2 million people, however, less than 1/3 or ~ 700 thousands have remained in the city. The infrastructure, built at the time of the population boom, stands abandoned, run down and an easy target for arsonists.
The city is in need of the change, and such projects definitely bring it one step closer. Continue reading »
Mike and Natalie Young have embarked on a journey together as newlyweds and living in a renovated school bus they named “Rosie”. Currently they have it parked in a friend’s backyard in north Austin, but will soon travel to Washington state to live. They are accompanied by their faithful companion Atlas, a rescued dog they found a few months ago. Continue reading »
In connection with the establishment of a new Vittra school in Stockholm, Telefonplan, Rosan Bosch has created the school’s interior with spatial divisions and significant custom design. The interior takes it point of departure in Vittra’s pedagogical principles and serves as a pedagogical tool for development in the everyday of the school. Instead of classical divisions with chairs and tables, a giant iceberg for example serves as cinema, platform and room for relaxation, and sets the frame for many different types of learning. Continue reading »
- 2020 Miss Mexico Contestants Compete In Traditional Outfits And They Are Amazing
- 2021 Pooping Dogs Calendar Is Here, and This Year Contains a Puzzle
- This Instagram Account Is Posting The Most Ridiculous Coronavirus Masks Spotted On The Subway
- Here’s What Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Caligula And Others Would Look Like Today
- This Tattoo Artist Specializes in ‘Secret Tattoos’ on the Roof of the Mouth
- This Instagram Account Collects The Saddest-Sounding Places On Earth
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- Woman Spends Up to 11 Hours Turning Herself Into the Most Stunning Optical Illusions
- Cowboys and Indians: Incredible Western Paintings by Mark Maggiori
- From The Depths Of Your Nightmares – The Fantastically Disturbing Creepy Art Of Trevor Henderson