Can You Count How Many Seals There Are Selling Seashells By The Seashore?
These aerial photographs show how an army of seals and cormorants have taken over a sand bank off the coast of Great Yarmouth. The pictures were taken by aerial photographer Mike Page over Scroby Sands and he estimated there were at least 2,000 seals and 1,500 cormorants.
Mr Page took the images on Sunday and he says it is the most seals and cormorants he has seen on Scroby Sands in the last 30 years and he wondered how many fish it would take to keep the mixed colony alive. Page, 76, was flying over the sea near Great Yarmouth when he spotted something unusual around Scroby Sands.
“‘So I thought we’ll go and investigate – well thousands and thousands of seals,” the pilot said to Metro. “I’ve never seen so many in 40 years of flying.”
In March 2014 Mr Page counted 2,087 seals on the sand bank.
More Inspiring Stories On DYT:
- Cultural Torture: An Offensive And Ironic Guide To Pissing People Off In Their Own Countries
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Guy Discovers He Can Go Anywhere While Wearing A Hi-Vis Vest
- Welcome To Heimat: An Enchanted NSFW Trip Through Bavaria With Photographer Ellen Von Unwerth
- Bees Under The Macro Lens
- Two Spain-Based Photographers Playfully Interact With Geometry Of Architecture In These Images
- You Can Sleep In These Owl Cabins In France For Free, And Their Interior Is As Good As Exterior
- Glass Memorials That Contain The Ashes Of The Dead
- Woman Flawlessly Retakes Her Study Abroad Photos, 30 Years Later
- The Spectacular Winners Of The 10th iPhone Photography Awards
- Guy Paints Over Shit Graffiti And Makes It Legible
- “The World In Faces”: Photographer’s Incredible Portraits Of People Who Live In Some Of The Most Remote Corners Of The Earth
- Toilet Timer: The Anatomically Significant Sand Timer For Procrastinators
- More Than 4,000 Photographs From The D-Day Invasion Of Normandy Are Now Available Online
- Sensual And Dreamy NSFW Feminine Photography By Ilona Shevchishina
- McDonald’s Launches New Clothing Line
- City Perspectives: Breathtaking Photography Of Hong Kong ‘Anthills’ By Victor Cheng
- Photographer Kourtney Roy Makes Eerie Self-Portraits In Desolate Yet Dramatic Locations
- A Look Back At Playboy Bunny Girls
- Wonderful Photos of San Francisco’s SoMa District During the Late 1970s and Early 1980s
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- This Infinity Book Store Looks Like An Endless Tunnel Of Books
- “Geometric Variants”, An Optical Illusion Photography Project By Erika Zolli
- Creative Mom Paints On Skylight To Make Her Daughter Go To Kindergarten Class
- Sex Machines: Photographs and Interviews By Timothy Archibald