Welcome to Sweden, Facebook!
Facebook on Wednesday started processing data through its first server farm outside the United States, on the edge of the Arctic Circle in Sweden. The company inaugurated servers in about half of its new, 300,000-square foot facility outside the city Lulea Wednesday, saying it should improve the social network’s performance in Europe.
Joel Kjellgren, Data Centre Manager poses for photographers in the server hall on June 12, 2013 in the new Facebook data center, outside the city of Lulea, Sweden. Social network Facebook Wednesday opened its first data centre outside the United States, in Luleaa, a coastal Swedish town near the Arctic Circle. (Getty Images / AP)
Tom Furlong, Vice President, Facebook Site Operations (R) and Joel Kjellgren, Data Centre Manager attend talk to journalists in the server hall on June 12, 2013 in the new Facebook data center, outside the city of Lulea, Sweden. (Getty Images / AP)
A view of the exteriors of Facebook’s new server hall in Lulea, some 900 km (560 miles) north of Stockholm June 12, 2013. Facebook opened its first 300,000 sq foot (28,000 sq metre) data facility outside the U.S. in northern Sweden on Wednesday, according to news reports. (Getty Images / AP)
Joel Kjellgren, Data Centre Manager speaks to reporters in the fan room, on June 12, 2013 at the new Facebook data center in the city of Lulea, some 900 km north of Stockholm, Sweden. (Getty Images / AP)
This picture taken on June 12, 2013 shows the inside view of the server hall of Facebook in the city of Lulea, some 900 km north of Stockholm, Sweden. (Getty Images / AP)
This photo taken on on June 12, 2013shows the Facebook server hall, outside the city of Lulea, Sweden. (Getty Images / AP)
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- There Is A Subway Lower Than Hell: The Superb Dark And Sinister Artworks By Vergvoktre
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Historical Photos Of The 1918 Spanish Flu That Show What A Global Pandemic Looked Like In The 1910s
- This Artist Draws Lighthearted Comics To Stay Sane In Quarantine
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- Taiwanese Artist Lives Large Dreams In Miniature Models
- Majestic Natural Landscape Photography By Alexandros Malapetsas
- Japanese Youtuber Makes Easy DIY Face Masks That Look Surprisingly Cool
- Twisted & Satirical Pop Culture Characters By Dan LuVisi
- Bored Sitting At Home? Try To Find A Cat In Each Picture!