iWalkers: Council Recruits Men with TVs Strapped Above Their Heads to Walk the Streets and Warn Public Not to Break Covid Lockdown Rules
East News Press Agency
A council have recruited men with TVs strapped above their heads to walk the streets to police lockdown. The bizarre move saw staff and volunteers pound the streets of Bradford, Yorkshire, with TVs, which weigh 18lbs and have a 19inch screen, hoisted on their shoulders.
Bradford Council announced the ‘iWalkers’ scheme this week but due to public backlash it has been forced to delete a Facebook post detailing its plans.
Pictures show a man using a backpack to lift a monitor roughly one-foot above his shoulders. It revealed the scheme had been funded by the Government and two ‘iWalkers’ hit the streets for two days. Locals were left stunned by the initiative and slammed the authority for frittering away taxpayers’ cash.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Artist Crerates Provocative and Bizarre Photo Manipulations
- Heroic and Fantasy Pin-Up Female Portraits by Kyu Yong Eom
- Portraits of Lovely Ladies Featured on the Covers of Radio Control Modeler Magazines From the 1970s and 1980s
- Raul Moreno Coslado’s Grotesque Portraits and Illustrations
- Netherworlds: The Fantastic Worlds of John Pak
- Alex Eckman-Lawn’s Surreal Layered Artworks
- The Whimsical Faces of Artist Ayran Oberto
- A Teenager’s Photos of 1970s Brooklyn NYC: Led Zeppelin, The El, snow and All the President’s Men
- Vietnamese Hairstylist Creates Intricate Hairstyles That Sometimes Take Up To 2-3 Months To Finish
- 50 Times Adults Decided To Have Some Fun In These Museums And Art Galleries