iWalkers: Council Recruits Men with TVs Strapped Above Their Heads to Walk the Streets and Warn Public Not to Break Covid Lockdown Rules
East News Press Agency
A council have recruited men with TVs strapped above their heads to walk the streets to police lockdown. The bizarre move saw staff and volunteers pound the streets of Bradford, Yorkshire, with TVs, which weigh 18lbs and have a 19inch screen, hoisted on their shoulders.
Bradford Council announced the ‘iWalkers’ scheme this week but due to public backlash it has been forced to delete a Facebook post detailing its plans.
Pictures show a man using a backpack to lift a monitor roughly one-foot above his shoulders. It revealed the scheme had been funded by the Government and two ‘iWalkers’ hit the streets for two days. Locals were left stunned by the initiative and slammed the authority for frittering away taxpayers’ cash.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Incredible Winning Photographs From The 2020 International Photography Awards
- “Russian Riviera”: Resort City of Yalta in Stunning Photos by Martin Parr
- Before She Was Famous, Marilyn Monroe Was Paid Just $10 an Hour to Pose for Pin-up Artist Earl Moran in the Late 1940s
- This Korean Tattoo Artist Creates Tattoo Cover-Up Masterpieces!
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Tokyo International Foto Awards 2020
- Attractive Female Portraits By Natalia Ivanova That Show How Diverse And Beautiful Humans Are
- Everyday Things That Look Totally Different Under A Microscope
- Stunning Vintage Photos That Capture New York’s Subway Since The ’80s
- Design Crowd Issued A Challenge To Create The Worst Ad, And The Contestants Have Delivered
- Illustrations That Reveal Our Weird Social Media Lives