iWalkers: Council Recruits Men with TVs Strapped Above Their Heads to Walk the Streets and Warn Public Not to Break Covid Lockdown Rules
East News Press Agency
A council have recruited men with TVs strapped above their heads to walk the streets to police lockdown. The bizarre move saw staff and volunteers pound the streets of Bradford, Yorkshire, with TVs, which weigh 18lbs and have a 19inch screen, hoisted on their shoulders.
Bradford Council announced the ‘iWalkers’ scheme this week but due to public backlash it has been forced to delete a Facebook post detailing its plans.
Pictures show a man using a backpack to lift a monitor roughly one-foot above his shoulders. It revealed the scheme had been funded by the Government and two ‘iWalkers’ hit the streets for two days. Locals were left stunned by the initiative and slammed the authority for frittering away taxpayers’ cash.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984
- This Artist Draws Pictures to Show That Everything Has a Flip Side
- These Smart And Hilarious Illustrations Take The Most Unexpected Turns
- These Women Let Hairdresser Kristina Katsabina Cut Their Long Hair And Did Not Regret It
- This Artist Creates Comics Full Of Puns And Funny Twists
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- Powerful Illustrations By Japanese Artist That Will Make You Think
- Candid Photographs Captured Prostitution Scenes in Paris in 1966
- Photographer Daniel Sachon Imagines What Marilyn Monroe Would Be Like Today
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s