This Artist Gives Free Tattoos To Survivors Of Domestic Violence
Meet tattoo artist Flavia Carvalho. Not only is she extremely talented, but for the last two years she’s been helping survivors of domestic violence deal with their scars in the most beautiful way possible.
Scars may never disappear, and are often a constant reminder of the violence a woman has suffered.
So Brazil-based Carvalho transforms these haunting reminders of cruelty, inflicted by knives and bullets, into beautiful tattoos symbolising these women’s courage and strength.
What’s more — she does these tattoos free of charge.
Her project “A Pele da Flor” (The Skin of the Flower) also helps women recovering from mastectomies.
“I started the project quite recently, and I had no idea it would receive this much media attention,” Carvalho told Huffington Post.
“It began very spontaneously. As I said, my services are a hundred percent voluntary, and the only “cost” women need to invest is to choose a design for their tattoos!”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- The 1958 Plymouth Tornado Concept Car Has Been Found And Restored
- Underwater Restaurant Has Been Completed In Norway And It Looks Out Of This World
- Beautiful Early Entries Of The 2020 Sony World Photography Awards
- Rare Photos Of Los Angeles Rock Bands, 1978-1989
- Something Unique: The Superb Humorous, Creative And Advertising Photo Works Of Frank Uyttenhove
- A Collection Of Genius Designs That Are So Creative They Should Receive An Award
- 93-Year-Old Grandma & Her Grandson Dress-Up In Ridiculous Outfits, And It’s Brilliant
- Stunning Photos Of The Abandoned Armoured Repair Factory In Kharkiv, Ukraine
- Kazakh Bodybuilder Yuri Tolochko To Marry His Life-Like Sex Doll ‘Margo’
- Rare Photos Of Hachiko, The World’s Most Loyal Dog