This Artist Gives Free Tattoos To Survivors Of Domestic Violence
Meet tattoo artist Flavia Carvalho. Not only is she extremely talented, but for the last two years she’s been helping survivors of domestic violence deal with their scars in the most beautiful way possible.
Scars may never disappear, and are often a constant reminder of the violence a woman has suffered.
So Brazil-based Carvalho transforms these haunting reminders of cruelty, inflicted by knives and bullets, into beautiful tattoos symbolising these women’s courage and strength.
What’s more — she does these tattoos free of charge.
Her project “A Pele da Flor” (The Skin of the Flower) also helps women recovering from mastectomies.
“I started the project quite recently, and I had no idea it would receive this much media attention,” Carvalho told Huffington Post.
“It began very spontaneously. As I said, my services are a hundred percent voluntary, and the only “cost” women need to invest is to choose a design for their tattoos!”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Never Before Seen Photos of Bruce Lee From The Family Archive
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Amazing Photographs Of Carrie Fisher On A Fire Escape In New York City, 1977
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- 80-Year-Old Man Masters Excel To Create Amazing Paintings
- Inverted Solo House Pyramid By TNA Architects
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Butt Trumpets?