This Artist Gives Free Tattoos To Survivors Of Domestic Violence
Meet tattoo artist Flavia Carvalho. Not only is she extremely talented, but for the last two years she’s been helping survivors of domestic violence deal with their scars in the most beautiful way possible.
Scars may never disappear, and are often a constant reminder of the violence a woman has suffered.
So Brazil-based Carvalho transforms these haunting reminders of cruelty, inflicted by knives and bullets, into beautiful tattoos symbolising these women’s courage and strength.
What’s more — she does these tattoos free of charge.
Her project “A Pele da Flor” (The Skin of the Flower) also helps women recovering from mastectomies.
“I started the project quite recently, and I had no idea it would receive this much media attention,” Carvalho told Huffington Post.
“It began very spontaneously. As I said, my services are a hundred percent voluntary, and the only “cost” women need to invest is to choose a design for their tattoos!”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- These Realistic Animal Paintings Show How We Neglect Them
- Richard Saunders Creates Giant Bushes In The Shape Of His Deceased Cat
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Artist Illustrated 30 Mermaids For Two Years And Here Is The Eerie Yet Whimsical Result
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s