This Artist Gives Free Tattoos To Survivors Of Domestic Violence
Meet tattoo artist Flavia Carvalho. Not only is she extremely talented, but for the last two years she’s been helping survivors of domestic violence deal with their scars in the most beautiful way possible.
Scars may never disappear, and are often a constant reminder of the violence a woman has suffered.
So Brazil-based Carvalho transforms these haunting reminders of cruelty, inflicted by knives and bullets, into beautiful tattoos symbolising these women’s courage and strength.
What’s more — she does these tattoos free of charge.
Her project “A Pele da Flor” (The Skin of the Flower) also helps women recovering from mastectomies.
“I started the project quite recently, and I had no idea it would receive this much media attention,” Carvalho told Huffington Post.
“It began very spontaneously. As I said, my services are a hundred percent voluntary, and the only “cost” women need to invest is to choose a design for their tattoos!”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Artist Used A.I. To See How Good It Would Be At Guessing What These Celebrities Looked Like As Teenagers
- Photographer Titus Poplawski Captures Beautiful, Intimacy and Surreal Photos
- Funny And Relatable Simplistic Illustrations With Insightful Humor By Liana Finck
- The Impressive Surreal Body-Painted Illusions of Hikaru Cho
- “Namaha”: The Mythologic India In Stunning Illustrations By Abhishek Singh
- Spectacular Winning Images of the International Portrait Photographer of the Year 2021
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Riikka Hyvönen Captures The Beauty Of Bruises In Giant Artworks
- Doh! The Alternate View On Simpsons By Stanislaw Bashkow