Cool Photos of Boston Girls of the 1970s
The idea that 1970s fashion was an expression of one’s personality replaced the everyone-follow-the-famous trend of the ’50s and ’60s. Clothes were made to mix and match with each other as well as across gender guidelines.
Vogue declared “There are no rules of the fashion game now. You’re playing it and you make up the game as you go.”
Common items included mini skirts, bell-bottoms popularized by hippies, vintage clothing from the 1950s and earlier, and the androgynous glam rock and disco styles that introduced platform shoes, bright colors, glitter, and satin.
These cool photos were taken by Anty Diluvian that show what Boston girls looked like in the 1970s.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “Rite of Passage”: Striking Vintage Photos of Florida Spring Break in the ‘80s
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Fumetti: The Collection of Finest Examples of Sleazy Lowbrow Art the World Has Ever Known
- 45 Comics With Twisted Endings For People With A Dark Sense Of Humor
- Playful Pictures of Marilyn Monroe Having Breakfast in Bed, 1953
- Brazil Building New Jesus Statue Taller than Christ the Redeemer
- These Photorealistic Renders Look Like Real Photos Taken with An Old Camera
- The Most Creative Photos Of The World Naked Gardening Day 2020, Even In Isolation
- How People Look After 1, 2 & 3 Glasses Of Wine
- “Bikes, Broads, Beer, and Boogie”: The Great Collection of Biker Magazines from the 1980s