Disturbing Vintage Medical Illustrations That Will Shock You
Back in the 19th century (long before any form of multimedia existed) the principles and practices of surgery had to be illustrated to help educate and inform those wishing to forge a career in the medical field. From individual surgical techniques to the types of instruments and devices used – each graphic illustration served as an engrossing and accurate portrayal of the approach and methodology to medicine during that era.
These 19th century depictions of various medical procedures were recently collated and published by medical historian Richard Barnett in his book ‘An Illustrated Treatise on the Principles & Practice of Nineteenth-Century Surgery‘. It serves as a fascinating and equally morbid insight into the ever changing world of medicine and man’s approach to prolonging life itself.
Via So Bad So Good
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Deliveries Surge During Quarantine, This Is How Delivery Guys “Hide” Packages
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- This Guy Gets A Permanent Eyeglasses Tattoo
- Artist Mark Jenkins Has Reached A Whole New Level Of Trolling While Calling It Art
- This Instagram Account Cleverly Photoshops Animals Into Everyday Things
- Freddy Mamani’s New Andean Architecture Adds Colour to Bolivian City
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Four Girls Have Been Taking Their Group Photos For 7 Years
- Woman Uses Her iPhone To Capture Portraits Of Strangers On Her Daily Commute To Work, And The Result Is Impressive