Disturbing Vintage Medical Illustrations That Will Shock You
Back in the 19th century (long before any form of multimedia existed) the principles and practices of surgery had to be illustrated to help educate and inform those wishing to forge a career in the medical field. From individual surgical techniques to the types of instruments and devices used – each graphic illustration served as an engrossing and accurate portrayal of the approach and methodology to medicine during that era.
These 19th century depictions of various medical procedures were recently collated and published by medical historian Richard Barnett in his book ‘An Illustrated Treatise on the Principles & Practice of Nineteenth-Century Surgery‘. It serves as a fascinating and equally morbid insight into the ever changing world of medicine and man’s approach to prolonging life itself.
Via So Bad So Good
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- The Photographer That Is Constantly Silenced And Censored By Instagram
- Hawaii-Based Photographer And A Former Marine Makes Stunning Underwater NSFW Pictures
- Beautiful Underwater NSFW Photos That Redefine Women’s Beach Stereotypes
- Glamour And Art Nude Photography By The Belarusian Photographer Juri Sergeyev
- Taiwanese Artist Lives Large Dreams In Miniature Models
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- Alex Prager’s Hyperreal America In Photographs
- This Extraordinary Close-Up Photos Turns Mundane Insects Into Terrifying Beasts From Another World
- Meet The Playboy Bunnies Of The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia
- Comedian Creates Hilarious Fake Signs, Places Them All Around Los Angeles
- Majestic Photos Of Mount Fuji At Dawn That Will Inspire Your Week
- Volcano Eruption In Guatemala Leaves Behind Ghost Town
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Colorful and Dreamlike Self-Portraits By Yolanda García
- Creepy And Dark Photography Of Nona Limmen, Covered With Goth, Fantasy And Metamorphosis