A Photographer Has Created A Series Of Paw-Traits Of Hungry Dogs Pulling Hilarious Faces As They Try And Catch Treats
Using a unique technique, the shots are captured at the exact moment the adorable pooches attempt to catch an airborne piece of food. The dogs appear surprised, happy, sad, confused – and sometimes even so blasé they miss the treat entirely. The images were taken by Christian Vieler, a photographer from Waltrop, Germany.
“That cannot be seen without the power of freezing motion”, says Christian Vieler, “Dog’s faces with magnificent lineaments, telling us stories of panic, desire and joy”.
Having worked on perfecting the technique for his food-catching shots, he now gets bombarded with requests to take photographs of pets for others.
Christian, 45, first became interested in photographing dogs while exploring a new camera he purchased in 2012.
Christian said: “Every shoot I am looking for that specific moment when the dog is looking as cute or funny as they can be”
“So I have to master the challenge of what to do and when to do it in order to get the best results out of the day”.
Not wanting to keep asking his friends to pose for him, Christian decided to photograph a range of pooches instead – including his Labrador, Lotte.
“When I meet my clients – the dogs – I don’t know where the journey will end”.
“For me, it’s all about the moments when the dogs are trying to catch the food”.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- French Artist Creates Illustrations That Challenge Society’s Standards For Women
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photographer Amanda Jones Shows A Dog’s Love Is Timeless
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Accidentally Brilliant Shots By Edas Won
- “Moments Around the World”: Amazing Cinematic Travel and Street Photography by Billy Dinh
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- How Male Beauty Standards Have Changed Over 100 Years
- Indian Artist Kevin Adams Creates Breathtaking Digital Artworks