A Photographer Has Created A Series Of Paw-Traits Of Hungry Dogs Pulling Hilarious Faces As They Try And Catch Treats
Using a unique technique, the shots are captured at the exact moment the adorable pooches attempt to catch an airborne piece of food. The dogs appear surprised, happy, sad, confused – and sometimes even so blasé they miss the treat entirely. The images were taken by Christian Vieler, a photographer from Waltrop, Germany.
“That cannot be seen without the power of freezing motion”, says Christian Vieler, “Dog’s faces with magnificent lineaments, telling us stories of panic, desire and joy”.
Having worked on perfecting the technique for his food-catching shots, he now gets bombarded with requests to take photographs of pets for others.
Christian, 45, first became interested in photographing dogs while exploring a new camera he purchased in 2012.
Christian said: “Every shoot I am looking for that specific moment when the dog is looking as cute or funny as they can be”
“So I have to master the challenge of what to do and when to do it in order to get the best results out of the day”.
Not wanting to keep asking his friends to pose for him, Christian decided to photograph a range of pooches instead – including his Labrador, Lotte.
“When I meet my clients – the dogs – I don’t know where the journey will end”.
“For me, it’s all about the moments when the dogs are trying to catch the food”.
All photos © by Christian Vieler / Caters News
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
More Inspiring Stories On Design You Trust:
- Spanish Designer Fernando Abellanas Works In A Secret Studio Right Under The Bridge
- The Electric State: Simon Stålenhag Comes A New Narrative Artbook About A Girl And Her Robot Traveling West In An Alternate 90s USA
- When Photos Looked Like Paintings: Dreamy Landscape Photographs Taken By Leonard Misonne
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Can You Spot Yourself In These Designer Stereotypes?
- Head Back To The 80s With Chris Mcveigh’s LEGO Retro Desk Kits
- Scary Potter – Terrifying Alternative Posters For The Harry Potter Movies
- Living La Dolce Vita: Vintage Photos Show How Idyllic Italy Was In The 1980s
- Illustrator Yaoyao Ma Van As Perfectly Captures The Happiness Of Living Alone
- Beautiful 1980s Portraits Capture The Vibrant Residents Of A Single East Berlin Street
- Kids Will Be Kids! James Nathaniel Likes To Turn People Into Children By Making Their Heads Bigger.
- Ohio Youth Of The 1970s – Lovely Photos Of Long-Haired Teenage Girls In Dayton From 1974-75
- Art In The Shadows: Artist Damon Belanger Enlivens City With Serendipitous Paintwork
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Stunning Construction Photos Of Zaha Hadid Architects’ Leeza SOHO Tower And Its Record-Setting Atrium
- The Very Badass Digital Art By Liana Anatolevich
- Artist Jacqueline Mak Takes On Consumerism, Body Politics, Humor, And Eroticism In Raunchy NSWF Collages
- “Secret Window, Secret Garden”: Dreamlike Photography By Shaina Sterrett
- Casual NSFW Sculptures Show Women Getting Cozy In Themselves
- An Imagination That Looks Great On Paper: The Creative Mind Of Lily Seika Jones
- Artist & Chief Daniele Barresi Carves Out A Unique Space Between Food And Art
- Japanese Company Releases Line Of ‘Crotch Charms’ For Women To Dangle From Their Swimsuits Between Their Legs
- These Weird Clocks Use Human Faces To Display The Time
- Chinese Artist Creates Creepy Celebrity Portraits Made From Other People’s Faces
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London