Artist Creates Modern Landscapes In His Unique Abstract Style
Jason Anderson, from Dorset in England, began his art career working on restoration projects like York Minster, Gloucester and Wells cathedrals as part of a stained glass apprenticeship. These famous old cathedrals boast some of the world’s most intricate and beautiful stained glass in the world, so it is no surprise that Jason’s paintings take some inspiration from their kaleidoscope of colors and shapes!
“I left school at 16 and started my art career as a stained-glass artist – where I served under the renowned (stained-glass) artist Roy Coomber for 5 years,” Jason explained to Bored Panda. “The restoration work forced me to experiment with many different styles, while the design work taught me to compose a subject around very defined slabs of glass (i.e. color). This imprinting had a huge influence on the way I see things and probably goes some way to explaining why I paint the way I do today.”
“It was convenience initially took me into the stained-glass field. The stained-glass studio was just around the corner from where I grew up… so when it became my placement as part of a technical illustration course – it was a no-brainer. However, I soon fell in love with the environment and work and really enjoyed my time there. It was a delight to follow my watercolor design all the way through to the installed church window – with the light beaming through it.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- Maggie Out: Striking And Depressive Photographs Captured Everyday Life In Glasgow In 1980
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- Russian Soul In A Nutshell: Honest Photography By Dmitry Markov
- Photographer Asked 16 Artists To Draw His Portrait Photos In Their Own Style, And The Result Is Fabulous!
- Inverted Solo House Pyramid By TNA Architects
- Spectacular Winning Photos From The World Sports Photography Awards 2020
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- This 16-Year-Old Vegan Teenager Turns His Food Into Stunning Art
- Brilliant Book Dedications