30 Captivating Historical Photographs Which You Need To See
The best old photos are the ones you can look at for hours at a time. We gathered a few of them here, for your enjoyment.
Salvador Dali and Coco Chanel.
Using a bear to treat back pain. Romania, 1946.
Setting a new world speed record, 1948.
A sex education lesson, 1929.
William Harley and Arthur Davidson, founders of the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Company.
A gun used for duck hunting, early 20th century.
Military electricians, 1918.
Filming the production logo for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
Testing a rugby helmet, 1912.
German industrial worker August Landmesser, whose wife was Jewish, refusing to salute Hitler. Hamburg, 1936.
A pilot tries to start the stalled propellor of his plane during flight.
The biggest horse in the world, 1928.
Drew Barrymore helps Stephen King light a cigarette.
Using ducklings as therapy animals, 1956.
Young women in Kabul, Afghanistan, 1970s.
Ernest Hemingway having a drink.
The last photo ever taken of a Thylacine, 1933. This species is now extinct.
The models used by Grant Wood for his famous painting, ’American Gothic’.
Seventeen-year-old Bianca Passarge dances on wine bottles in a cat costume. Hamburg, 1958.
Class differences. Britain, 1937.
Miss New Zealand falls unconscious. Miss Universe competition, Long Beach, 15th July 1954.
The two-year-old Dalai Lama, 1937.
The way real men shave, 1940.
Arctic explorer Peter Freuchen with his wife, 1947.
A little girl encounters a penguin for the first time.
Unpacking the Statue of Liberty, 1885.
A soldier shares some bananas with a goat. Battle of Saipan, 1944.
Original Michelin, 1910.
A man and woman on a date, 1950s.
Also, don’t miss amazing historical photos on Design You Trust: ‘Know Where You Stand’: Photographer Fuses 4 Historical Events With Present-Day Images, Timeless New York Street Scenes Photographs In The 1950s, Found In A Home’s Attic After Nearly 50 Years, These Color Photos of Paris Were Shot 100 Years Ago, These 64 Colorized Photos From The Past Will Blow You Away, This Is What Iranian Women Looked Like In The 1970s, Bright Moments in Life of USSR People, Fascinating Images from the Past You Won’t Find in Any History Textbook, U-118, a World War One Submarine Washed Ashore on the Beach at Hastings, England and A Few Interesting Photos From The Past.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- French Artist Creates Illustrations That Challenge Society’s Standards For Women
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photographer Amanda Jones Shows A Dog’s Love Is Timeless
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- “Moments Around the World”: Amazing Cinematic Travel and Street Photography by Billy Dinh
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- Hilarious Dictionary of Finnish Language And Culture
- How Male Beauty Standards Have Changed Over 100 Years