30 Captivating Historical Photographs Which You Need To See
The best old photos are the ones you can look at for hours at a time. We gathered a few of them here, for your enjoyment.
Salvador Dali and Coco Chanel.
Using a bear to treat back pain. Romania, 1946.
Setting a new world speed record, 1948.
A sex education lesson, 1929.
William Harley and Arthur Davidson, founders of the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Company.
A gun used for duck hunting, early 20th century.
Military electricians, 1918.
Filming the production logo for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
Testing a rugby helmet, 1912.
German industrial worker August Landmesser, whose wife was Jewish, refusing to salute Hitler. Hamburg, 1936.
A pilot tries to start the stalled propellor of his plane during flight.
The biggest horse in the world, 1928.
Drew Barrymore helps Stephen King light a cigarette.
Using ducklings as therapy animals, 1956.
Young women in Kabul, Afghanistan, 1970s.
Ernest Hemingway having a drink.
The last photo ever taken of a Thylacine, 1933. This species is now extinct.
The models used by Grant Wood for his famous painting, ’American Gothic’.
Seventeen-year-old Bianca Passarge dances on wine bottles in a cat costume. Hamburg, 1958.
Class differences. Britain, 1937.
Miss New Zealand falls unconscious. Miss Universe competition, Long Beach, 15th July 1954.
The two-year-old Dalai Lama, 1937.
The way real men shave, 1940.
Arctic explorer Peter Freuchen with his wife, 1947.
A little girl encounters a penguin for the first time.
Unpacking the Statue of Liberty, 1885.
A soldier shares some bananas with a goat. Battle of Saipan, 1944.
Original Michelin, 1910.
A man and woman on a date, 1950s.
Also, don’t miss amazing historical photos on Design You Trust: ‘Know Where You Stand’: Photographer Fuses 4 Historical Events With Present-Day Images, Timeless New York Street Scenes Photographs In The 1950s, Found In A Home’s Attic After Nearly 50 Years, These Color Photos of Paris Were Shot 100 Years Ago, These 64 Colorized Photos From The Past Will Blow You Away, This Is What Iranian Women Looked Like In The 1970s, Bright Moments in Life of USSR People, Fascinating Images from the Past You Won’t Find in Any History Textbook, U-118, a World War One Submarine Washed Ashore on the Beach at Hastings, England and A Few Interesting Photos From The Past.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Here’s How Some of Rock and Roll Legends Would Look Like Today If They Weren’t Dead
- “The World In Faces”: Photographer’s Incredible Portraits Of People Who Live In Some Of The Most Remote Corners Of The Earth
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- Zombies Descend On Hamburg To Protest Against Two-Day Meeting Of ‘Political Elite’
- Sleeping With The Devil: A Weird And Wonderful Collection Of Medieval Bedroom Hijinks With Creatures From Hell
- Artist Draws Wholesome Watercolor Comics Where A Cat Is Giving Out Mental Health Advice
- A Group Of Czech Students Recreate Weird And Strange Scenes From Medieval Books
- This Is What Happens When You Peel Off 30 Years Of Graffiti
- This Alien Face Mask Is Sure To Keep Covid At Bay