30 Captivating Historical Photographs Which You Need To See
The best old photos are the ones you can look at for hours at a time. We gathered a few of them here, for your enjoyment.
Salvador Dali and Coco Chanel.
Using a bear to treat back pain. Romania, 1946.
Setting a new world speed record, 1948.
A sex education lesson, 1929.
William Harley and Arthur Davidson, founders of the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Company.
A gun used for duck hunting, early 20th century.
Military electricians, 1918.
Filming the production logo for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
Testing a rugby helmet, 1912.
German industrial worker August Landmesser, whose wife was Jewish, refusing to salute Hitler. Hamburg, 1936.
A pilot tries to start the stalled propellor of his plane during flight.
The biggest horse in the world, 1928.
Drew Barrymore helps Stephen King light a cigarette.
Using ducklings as therapy animals, 1956.
Young women in Kabul, Afghanistan, 1970s.
Ernest Hemingway having a drink.
The last photo ever taken of a Thylacine, 1933. This species is now extinct.
The models used by Grant Wood for his famous painting, ’American Gothic’.
Seventeen-year-old Bianca Passarge dances on wine bottles in a cat costume. Hamburg, 1958.
Class differences. Britain, 1937.
Miss New Zealand falls unconscious. Miss Universe competition, Long Beach, 15th July 1954.
The two-year-old Dalai Lama, 1937.
The way real men shave, 1940.
Arctic explorer Peter Freuchen with his wife, 1947.
A little girl encounters a penguin for the first time.
Unpacking the Statue of Liberty, 1885.
A soldier shares some bananas with a goat. Battle of Saipan, 1944.
Original Michelin, 1910.
A man and woman on a date, 1950s.
Also, don’t miss amazing historical photos on Design You Trust: ‘Know Where You Stand’: Photographer Fuses 4 Historical Events With Present-Day Images, Timeless New York Street Scenes Photographs In The 1950s, Found In A Home’s Attic After Nearly 50 Years, These Color Photos of Paris Were Shot 100 Years Ago, These 64 Colorized Photos From The Past Will Blow You Away, This Is What Iranian Women Looked Like In The 1970s, Bright Moments in Life of USSR People, Fascinating Images from the Past You Won’t Find in Any History Textbook, U-118, a World War One Submarine Washed Ashore on the Beach at Hastings, England and A Few Interesting Photos From The Past.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Zero Fucks Coins Allow You To Literally Give Zero Fucks
- Awkward 1970s Male Fashion
- Streamliners: Locomotives And Bullet Trains In The Age Of Speed And Style
- There’s An Online Community That Makes Fun Of People Trying To Sell Mirrors
- Norwegian Artist Makes ‘Pillows’ From White Marble
- Rare Weird And Funny Pictures Show Hilarious Side Of Victorian Era Life
- Rusty 1961 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster Barn Find Sells For Staggering $800,000
- Russian Artist Illustrates What Would Happen If Famous Characters Got Old, And Thor Is Too Cute