World’s Longest Tunnel Slide To Open In London This Summer
Opening in London later this year, is this huge tunnel slide wrapped around the ArcelorMittal Orbit, a sculpture that was designed for the 2012 Olympics. The slide will allow visitors to loop their way through parts of the structure on their way to the ground. The tight corkscrew design of the tunnel slide will have visitors descending 178m (over 583 feet), from the observation level to the ground.
h/t: contemporist. Photos © ArcelorMittal Orbit
This is what the sculpture looked like when it was originally built (without the slide), with the stairs winding their way up to the observation tower.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “The Witches of Fabersham Forest”: The Dark Surrealism and Visual Mysteries of Noah Stacey
- Funny And Relatable Simplistic Illustrations With Insightful Humor By Liana Finck
- Spectacular Winning Images of the International Portrait Photographer of the Year 2021
- Photographer Titus Poplawski Captures Beautiful, Intimacy and Surreal Photos
- Cuong Nguyen Uses The Streets As A Canvas For His Incredibly Realistic Chalk Portraits
- Artist Takes A Critical Look At Modern Society And Calls Attention To Problems In Today’s World With His Thought-Provoking Illustrations
- These Humorous Illustrations Perfectly Sum Up The Reality Of Living With Anxiety And Depression
- Artist Used A.I. To See How Good It Would Be At Guessing What These Celebrities Looked Like As Teenagers
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits of People Over 100 with Their Younger Selves
- Doh! The Alternate View On Simpsons By Stanislaw Bashkow