Stunning Oil Paintings Of NYC Subway Riders Reading Magazines… And All The Males Are Animals!
Matthew Grabelsky’s ‘Underground‘ looks fantastic! His surreal/realistic oil paintings of NYC subway riders reading magazines (and kid’s books) are stunning with a twist… all males are animals! If only they had prints of some of these paintings, the whole show is too stunning to pick from, though Canal Street (tiger reading Car and Driver) is my current favorite.
“These creatures in my paintings serve to inject an element of surrealism into one of the most commonplace experiences of life and of New York (e.g., public transportation). The characters are symbolic of the kinds of thoughts that lie under the surface of people’s minds, and they reveal that the most extraordinary can exist in the most ordinary of everyday settings.”, says Matthew Grabelsky.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- “Cock And Balls”: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Here Are The Most Interesting Things This Geologist Found On Google Earth
- “Float Around”: Photos From Nirvana’s Underwater “Nevermind” Shoot
- Cute Illustrations Remind Us Why Pregnant Women Deserve Our Seats More Than We Do
- These Dull Passport Photos Are Hiding Hilarious Secrets
- Artist Illustrates Honest Feelings That We Keep To Ourselves In 22 Candy Heart Comics
- An Incredibly Effective Way To Develop Your Child’s Math Skills With LEGO Blocks
- Random Acts Of Brilliant Vandalism
- 35 Examples Of Incredibly Bad Design
- Russian Couple Creates Stunningly Realistic Dolls That You’ll Want To Have On Hand