Stunning Oil Paintings Of NYC Subway Riders Reading Magazines… And All The Males Are Animals!
Matthew Grabelsky’s ‘Underground‘ looks fantastic! His surreal/realistic oil paintings of NYC subway riders reading magazines (and kid’s books) are stunning with a twist… all males are animals! If only they had prints of some of these paintings, the whole show is too stunning to pick from, though Canal Street (tiger reading Car and Driver) is my current favorite.
“These creatures in my paintings serve to inject an element of surrealism into one of the most commonplace experiences of life and of New York (e.g., public transportation). The characters are symbolic of the kinds of thoughts that lie under the surface of people’s minds, and they reveal that the most extraordinary can exist in the most ordinary of everyday settings.”, says Matthew Grabelsky.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Instagram Account Reveals Scenes From Famous Movies With And Without Special Effects
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- Splendid Vintage Snaps Of Young Girls With Very Big Hair In The 1980s
- Husband Illustrated Every Single Day He Spent With His Beloved Wife In 365 Drawings
- This Japanese Train Station Only Exists So That People Can Admire The Scenery
- 25 Of The World’s Best Drone Photos Of 2018
- An Artist Imagines If Popular Sodas Were Cartoon Character
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- What Peaceful Borders Between European Countries Look Like
- This Artist Turns Old Pocket Watches Into Miniature Steampunk Worlds, And The Result Is Fascinating