Stunning Oil Paintings Of NYC Subway Riders Reading Magazines… And All The Males Are Animals!
Matthew Grabelsky’s ‘Underground‘ looks fantastic! His surreal/realistic oil paintings of NYC subway riders reading magazines (and kid’s books) are stunning with a twist… all males are animals! If only they had prints of some of these paintings, the whole show is too stunning to pick from, though Canal Street (tiger reading Car and Driver) is my current favorite.
“These creatures in my paintings serve to inject an element of surrealism into one of the most commonplace experiences of life and of New York (e.g., public transportation). The characters are symbolic of the kinds of thoughts that lie under the surface of people’s minds, and they reveal that the most extraordinary can exist in the most ordinary of everyday settings.”, says Matthew Grabelsky.
- Google Street Images And Street View Scenes From Slavic Countries
- These Stunning Photographs Of The Mongolian Eagle Keepers Show The Incredible Bond Between Man And Bird
- Oh Good, Tide’s New Packaging Looks Exactly Like Boxed Wine
- Man Noticed This Abandoned Hangar But Whats Inside Caught Him By Surprise
- Debbie Harry Photographed By Chris Stein For Punk Magazine Centerfold Shoot In 1976
- Stunning Color Photographs Capture Daily Life In Poland In The Early 1980s
- Stunning Winning Panoramic Photography From The 2018 Epson Panoramic Awards
- Artist Imagines What Russian Skies Would Look If They Were In 8-Bit
- Vintage American Landscapes By Michael Eastman
- The World’s Greatest Gallery Of Seductive Carrots