Stunning Oil Paintings Of NYC Subway Riders Reading Magazines… And All The Males Are Animals!
Matthew Grabelsky’s ‘Underground‘ looks fantastic! His surreal/realistic oil paintings of NYC subway riders reading magazines (and kid’s books) are stunning with a twist… all males are animals! If only they had prints of some of these paintings, the whole show is too stunning to pick from, though Canal Street (tiger reading Car and Driver) is my current favorite.
“These creatures in my paintings serve to inject an element of surrealism into one of the most commonplace experiences of life and of New York (e.g., public transportation). The characters are symbolic of the kinds of thoughts that lie under the surface of people’s minds, and they reveal that the most extraordinary can exist in the most ordinary of everyday settings.”, says Matthew Grabelsky.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Asian Drivers Are Using Terrifying Reflective Decals On Rear Windows To Fight Against High-Beam Users
- A Photographer Travels Across India To Show How Beautiful And Diverse Local People Are, And We’re Mesmerized
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Candid Snapshots Capture Everyday Life Of Vancouver Youth In The 1970s
- Zombie Gnomes Are A Perfect Way To Keep Everyone From Your Lawn
- Cool Pics Of 20 Great ’80s Classic Cars That Time Forgot
- Panoramic Photos That Went Horribly Wrong
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- Famous Classic Album Covers Mashed Up With Star Wars Characters
- The Extremely Rare Black Leopard Confirmed In Africa For First Time In 100 Years