Stunning Oil Paintings Of NYC Subway Riders Reading Magazines… And All The Males Are Animals!
Matthew Grabelsky’s ‘Underground‘ looks fantastic! His surreal/realistic oil paintings of NYC subway riders reading magazines (and kid’s books) are stunning with a twist… all males are animals! If only they had prints of some of these paintings, the whole show is too stunning to pick from, though Canal Street (tiger reading Car and Driver) is my current favorite.
“These creatures in my paintings serve to inject an element of surrealism into one of the most commonplace experiences of life and of New York (e.g., public transportation). The characters are symbolic of the kinds of thoughts that lie under the surface of people’s minds, and they reveal that the most extraordinary can exist in the most ordinary of everyday settings.”, says Matthew Grabelsky.
- 2019 Pooping Dogs Calendar Is Here
- The Funniest Finalists For Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2018
- Artist Mario Unger Spends 3000 Hours To Colorize Old Black & White Photos Of Famous People
- Soviet Anti-Alcohol Posters In The 1970s And 1980s
- This Black Guy Drew What It Was Like Being The Only Black Man In A White Office In The 60s, And It’s Worse Than You Think
- This Old Warehouse Was Sold For 1 230 000 USD And Once You See The Inside, You’ll Understand Why
- Someone In Colorado Is Putting Up The Funniest Signs Ever
- This AI-Based App Turns People Into Cartoon Characters
- Amateur Photographer Captures Minimalist Photos Of Beautiful Berlin Architecture
- Cheap Food and Proud Waitresses