This Colossal Vessel Will Be A New Public Landmark In Manhattan In 2018
Today, Related Companies and Oxford Properties Group announced that a new public landmark designed by Thomas Heatherwick of Heatherwick Studio, will open in Manhattan in 2018. Named ‘Vessel’, the landmark building will be covered by a polished copper-colored steel skin, and is a space that will allow people to have an elevated view of New York City. Standing at 150 feet tall, it will have 154 interconnecting flights of stairs, 2,400 steps and 80 landings, that together will create a mile’s worth of pathway. It also has a diameter of 50 feet at its base, widening to 150 feet at its top. It’s currently being fabricated in Italy.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- 2020 Miss Mexico Contestants Compete In Traditional Outfits And They Are Amazing
- 2021 Pooping Dogs Calendar Is Here, and This Year Contains a Puzzle
- Woman Spends Up to 11 Hours Turning Herself Into the Most Stunning Optical Illusions
- Here’s What Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Caligula And Others Would Look Like Today
- This Tattoo Artist Specializes in ‘Secret Tattoos’ on the Roof of the Mouth
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- Cowboys and Indians: Incredible Western Paintings by Mark Maggiori
- The Finalists of The 2020 Comedy Pet Photography Awards Have Been Announced, and They’re Pretty Damn Funny!
- Artist Imagines How McDonalds Would Look If Nazis Opened It In Hell
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers