This Colossal Vessel Will Be A New Public Landmark In Manhattan In 2018
Today, Related Companies and Oxford Properties Group announced that a new public landmark designed by Thomas Heatherwick of Heatherwick Studio, will open in Manhattan in 2018. Named ‘Vessel’, the landmark building will be covered by a polished copper-colored steel skin, and is a space that will allow people to have an elevated view of New York City. Standing at 150 feet tall, it will have 154 interconnecting flights of stairs, 2,400 steps and 80 landings, that together will create a mile’s worth of pathway. It also has a diameter of 50 feet at its base, widening to 150 feet at its top. It’s currently being fabricated in Italy.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories:
- Aerial Photographer Created A Miniature Utopian Village And It Took Him 2 Years To Finish
- “Unpopular Culture”: Artist ‘Uncovers’ The Disturbing Behind-The-Scenes Of Popular Characters
- Beautiful ’60s Fashion Photography by Henry Clarke
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- Artist Turns Generic Figurines into Ultra-Realistic Sculptures of Anime Characters
- Indonesian Man Creates a ‘Bionic Arm’ from Scrap Metal
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- “Do You Look Like Your Cat?” A Memory Game: Match The Cats with Their Humans!
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- “City Life”: The Superb Contemporary Oil Paintings of Vincent Giarrano