These Panda Selfies Are The Opposite Of Cute
Panda selfies just surfaced from a massive panda breeding center in China, sparking a flurry of “awws” on one side and raised eyebrows on the other. Giant panda breeding in China is a complicated industry, with apparently good intentions — saving the giant panda from extinction — and big bucks at stake.
Although it was elsewhere reported that the panda shown in the recent selfies — who lives at the Dujiangyan Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding — is participating in a release program, Suzanne Braden, director of Pandas International, said this is incorrect.
“Yes the cute panda having his picture taken is at the Dujiangyan Panda Base, but this base does not participate in the reintroduction program,” Braden told The Dodo. “The reintroduction program is in Wolong at two bases totally off-limits to the public. No panda in the reintroduction program comes in contact with humans.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- There’s an Atmospheric Abandoned Jurassic Park Located in the Heart of Russia
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Vintage Cars, Palms & Backyard Pools in Californian Inspired Paintings by Danny Heller
- Sensual Black and White Portrait Photos of Goldie Hawn Taken by Joseph Klipple in 1964
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Bird Photographer of the Year 2021
- Stunning Entries of The 2021 Perpignan’s Festival of Photojournalism
- Modern Logos in Chromatic Style by Martin Naumann
- “Art of The Doodler”: Fyodor Dostoevsky Draws In His Manuscripts
- 30 Thought-Provoking And Honest Illustrations About Our Lives By Stephan Schmitz
- The Art of Japanese Portrait Photography by Kishin Shinoyama