These Panda Selfies Are The Opposite Of Cute
Panda selfies just surfaced from a massive panda breeding center in China, sparking a flurry of “awws” on one side and raised eyebrows on the other. Giant panda breeding in China is a complicated industry, with apparently good intentions — saving the giant panda from extinction — and big bucks at stake.
Although it was elsewhere reported that the panda shown in the recent selfies — who lives at the Dujiangyan Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding — is participating in a release program, Suzanne Braden, director of Pandas International, said this is incorrect.
“Yes the cute panda having his picture taken is at the Dujiangyan Panda Base, but this base does not participate in the reintroduction program,” Braden told The Dodo. “The reintroduction program is in Wolong at two bases totally off-limits to the public. No panda in the reintroduction program comes in contact with humans.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Milo Manara Comic Art You’ve Probably Never Seen
- Classical Damn: The Funniest Classical Art Memes Shared Online
- Chef David Rivillo Creates Mindblowing and Unique Pasta Designs
- 16 Classic Photos That Capture Nylon Stockings’ Allure In The 1940s And 1950s
- Fascinating Nostalgic Black and White Photos of Daily Life in Michigan in 1970s and ’80s
- Pigasso: This Pig Enjoys Painting And Has Become The World’s First Pig Artist
- A Beautiful Photo Series of Audi F103
- Photographer Captured Fascinating Photographs that She Found on Old Tombstones in Italian Cemeteries
- Girl’s Dreams and Robots: Illustrations by Eri Cruz
- 59 Accidentally Brilliant Shots By Edas Wong