This Instagram Account Collects The Saddest-Sounding Places On Earth
There’s a place named Cape Disappointment, in Washington State Park, where fog hangs in the air for 2552 hours a year. But don’t book the flight to see it for yourself just yet—there’s still Mistake Island in Maine, or Canada’s Unfortunate Cove.
A new Instagram account by Australian artist Damien Rudd, @sadtopographies, is collecting Google Map screenshots of the world’s grimmest-sounding places, which makes for an excellent collection of weird travel destinations.
“In Australia, like the US and Canada, there are many depressing place names that are connected to the dark history of early colonialism, and the mishaps of explorers and settlers,” Rudd told Quartz.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- New Bronze Melania Trump Statue Unveiled in Slovenia After Original Was Set on Fire
- Japanese Photographer Releases Book Of Breasts And Cats
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- Street Artist Uses Traditional Persian Rugs As Canvas To Spray-Paint Female Portraits
- “40p Static Movie – Bullet Speed”: Insane Action Photoshoot by Chen Zhun for FHM China
- Face of 4000-Year-Old Dog Revealed by Forensic Reconstruction
- The Majesty Of The Animal Kingdom in Amazing Photographs by Simen Johan
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Beautiful Monica Bellucci And Her Never-Before-Seen Pictures