This Instagram Account Collects The Saddest-Sounding Places On Earth
There’s a place named Cape Disappointment, in Washington State Park, where fog hangs in the air for 2552 hours a year. But don’t book the flight to see it for yourself just yet—there’s still Mistake Island in Maine, or Canada’s Unfortunate Cove.
A new Instagram account by Australian artist Damien Rudd, @sadtopographies, is collecting Google Map screenshots of the world’s grimmest-sounding places, which makes for an excellent collection of weird travel destinations.
“In Australia, like the US and Canada, there are many depressing place names that are connected to the dark history of early colonialism, and the mishaps of explorers and settlers,” Rudd told Quartz.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Milo Manara Comic Art You’ve Probably Never Seen
- Classical Damn: The Funniest Classical Art Memes Shared Online
- 16 Classic Photos That Capture Nylon Stockings’ Allure In The 1940s And 1950s
- Chef David Rivillo Creates Mindblowing and Unique Pasta Designs
- Fascinating Nostalgic Black and White Photos of Daily Life in Michigan in 1970s and ’80s
- Pigasso: This Pig Enjoys Painting And Has Become The World’s First Pig Artist
- Photographer Captured Fascinating Photographs that She Found on Old Tombstones in Italian Cemeteries
- A Beautiful Photo Series of Audi F103
- Girl’s Dreams and Robots: Illustrations by Eri Cruz
- How To Look Smart In Zoom Meetings, an Illustrated Guide by Sarah Cooper