The Supertrain Of 1979 Will Blow Your Mind
A nuclear-powered bullet train that was equipped with amenities more appropriate to a cruise ship, it had luxuries such as swimming pools and shopping centers.
Supertrain was an American television drama/adventure series that ran on NBC from February 7 to May 5, 1979. Nine episodes were made. Most of the cast of a given episode were guest stars. The production was elaborate, with huge sets and a high-tech model train for outside shots.
Supertrain was the most expensive series ever aired in the United States at the time.
The production was beset by problems including a model train that crashed… it received poor reviews and low ratings… it went off air after only three months.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories:
- Beautiful ’60s Fashion Photography by Henry Clarke
- “City Life”: The Superb Contemporary Oil Paintings of Vincent Giarrano
- “Client Error”: The Superb Digital Artworks of RETOKA
- A Sweet Little Photo Story Proving That True Love That Knows No Bounds
- Abandoned As A Baby Due To Albinism, Xueli Grew Up To Become A Vogue Model
- Want to Take Your Pet Fish for a Walk? There’s a Bag for That!
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- “Do You Look Like Your Cat?” A Memory Game: Match The Cats with Their Humans!
- “Unpopular Culture”: Artist ‘Uncovers’ The Disturbing Behind-The-Scenes Of Popular Characters