The Super Monster Wolf Is Here To Scare Animals Away From Farmers’ Crops
A wolf-like robot to drive away wild animals that cause damage to agriculture has been introduced on a trial basis in Kisarazu in southwest Chiba Prefecture in Japan.
According to the agricultural cooperative association JA Kisarazu-shi, the robot is almost the same size as an adult wolf. Named Super Monster Wolf, the robot is covered by fur and is baring its fangs.
The robot detects wild animals with an infrared ray sensor when they approach and intimidates them, flashing the red LEDs of its eyes on and off, and blaring 18 types of sounds in rotation, including a wolf’s growl, a human voice and a gunshot. The agricultural cooperative borrowed the robot for free from a Hokkaido company that developed it to keep away bears and deer.
A Kisarazu city government official said there have been no signs of wild animals or birds nearby since Super Monster Wolf was installed on July 11.
The Hokkaido company will start manufacturing the robot to order in September. Each will retail for about ¥200,000 (about $2,200).
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- Artist Illustrates What Would Happen If Movies And TV Shows Were Made In Real Life
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- This Is How The Practical Miniatures For Blade Runner 2049 Were Created
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- This ‘Swim Reaper’ Instagram Account Is Absolute Gold
- Stunning Finalists Of The Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2017
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- The Family Dog Was Considered In The Design Of This Toronto House
- Artist Creates Impressive Sculptures From Marble That Look Surprisingly Light
- Artist Aditya Aryanto Continues To Transform Animals Into Geometric Shapes – Meet Animal Balls!
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- This Street Library In Bulgaria Encourages People To Read
- Burning Man 2017: Stunning Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- Incredible Ice Sculptures By Darren Jackson
- Architect Carlo Mollino’s Secret Stash Of NSFW Erotic Polaroids
- Reimagining The Simpsons’ Home In 8 Popular Architectural Styles
- Satirical NSFW Illustrations Of Today’s Problems By Gunduz Agayev
- Illustrator Imagines What Stranger Things Characters Are Doing Now, 33 Years Later
- This Lighting Collection Is Designed To Look Like Sausages In A Butcher Shop
- The Ultimate Humorous & NSFW Photo Guide Of Mormon Missionary Positions
- “Autumn At The Lake”: These Stunning Photos Will Remind You Of Wonderland
- Beautiful Black And White Portraits Of Celebrities Taken By Kate Barry
- “Peace, Love, Music And Mud”: LIFE At Woodstock In 1969
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- Beautiful And Never Seen Vintage Soviet ‘Antonov’ Plane Ads