The Super Monster Wolf Is Here To Scare Animals Away From Farmers’ Crops
A wolf-like robot to drive away wild animals that cause damage to agriculture has been introduced on a trial basis in Kisarazu in southwest Chiba Prefecture in Japan.
According to the agricultural cooperative association JA Kisarazu-shi, the robot is almost the same size as an adult wolf. Named Super Monster Wolf, the robot is covered by fur and is baring its fangs.
The robot detects wild animals with an infrared ray sensor when they approach and intimidates them, flashing the red LEDs of its eyes on and off, and blaring 18 types of sounds in rotation, including a wolf’s growl, a human voice and a gunshot. The agricultural cooperative borrowed the robot for free from a Hokkaido company that developed it to keep away bears and deer.
A Kisarazu city government official said there have been no signs of wild animals or birds nearby since Super Monster Wolf was installed on July 11.
The Hokkaido company will start manufacturing the robot to order in September. Each will retail for about ¥200,000 (about $2,200).
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- “Wilhelm Brasse’ Mugshots”: Photographer Took Up To 50,000 Chilling Photos In Auschwitz For The Nazis During World War II
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Strategically Covered Nudity In Vintage Movie Posters, Book And Magazine Covers
- Burning Man 2017: Stunning Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- Someone Optimized Famous Logos To Use Less Ink And Be More Environmentally Friendly
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- This Artist Creates One Glorious Poster For Each Part Of The New Twin Peaks Every Week
- 11 Captivating Pictures Of A Young And Sexy Clint Eastwood In 1956
- Filipino Man Turns Old Flip Flops Into Action Figures, And The Result Is Quite Impressive
- Stunning Photographs Reveal The Realities Of New Brighton, A Working Class Seaside Resort In Northern England, During The 1980s
- “Maggie Out”: Striking And Depressive Photographs Captured Everyday Life In Glasgow In 1980
- Photographer Zachariah Epperson Captures The Magical World Of Ballet And Dancers
- “The Uncomfortable”: Designer Create A Series Of Inconvenient Household Items
- How Delicious Food Looks From A Woman’s Point Of View
- Artist Tom Galle Makes Weapons Out Of Corporate Logos
- 12-Year-Old Boy Creates Creepy Sculptures Using Found Materials, And They’re Surprisingly Awesome
- “Peace, Love, Music And Mud”: LIFE At Woodstock In 1969
- These Tarantulas’ Spide Paws Are So Cute, They Will Make You Squeal
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- Breathtaking Aerial Ocean Photographs By Seth Willingham
- Meet Stephanie Sarley, The Artist Redefining NSFW “Food Porn” On Instagram
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- This Bulbous Rain Barrel Design Makes It Easy To Collect Rainwater
- Before The Great Clean-Up Began, Here Is Another Side Of New York In The 1970s That You May Never Know
- Artist Turns Your Most Nostalgic Childhood Pics Into Stylish Tattoos So You Always Have Them On Your Skin