Beautiful Black And White Portraits Of Celebrities Taken By Kate Barry
Kate Barry (1967-2013) was a photographer born into the bohemian royal family of Parisian society. She is the first daughter of actress, singer and muse Jane Birkin and James Bond composer John Barry and was raised by singer Serge Gainsbourg. You may not necessarily recognize her name or be able to pick out her photographs as one would a Helmut Newton or Irving Penn, but Kate Barry is no less adored within the world of fashion, music and film.
“I was photographed a lot as a kid. It must have made an impression on me. Letting someone take your picture involves a degree of trust and confidence that I don’t have. For a long time, my camera was a defence against the melancholy I felt.” Kate Barry
Barry was the darling of the fashion industry. She photographed for Vogue, Elle, Paris Match, Le Figaro Madame, the Sunday Times Magazine. She was raised by a pack of creatives from all domains and her career as an artist reflected her diverse upbringing as she photographed album covers for French singers like Vanessa Paradis and Carla Bruni. Her style is distinct. The women in her photographs are sexy and real. She captures their beauty without the artifice. She searches for those in between and unsuspecting moments that exist beyond the robotic smile of a star.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- Offensive Plates To Insult Your Guests With Class
- Hawaii-Based Photographer And A Former Marine Makes Stunning Underwater NSFW Pictures
- Beautiful Underwater NSFW Photos That Redefine Women’s Beach Stereotypes
- Joel Meyerowitz – The Master Of Street Photography
- Glamour And Art Nude Photography By The Belarusian Photographer Juri Sergeyev
- The Photographer That Is Constantly Silenced And Censored By Instagram
- “I’m Not Expecting You To Fully Understand Me”: The Intimate Artworks Of Tomona Matsukawa
- Daredevil Photographer And A Storm Chaser Captures Stunning Pictures Of Natural Disasters
- Artist Joe Webb Creates Cynical And Shocking Collages That Tell The Uncomfortable Truth About Our Modern World
- Creepy And Dark Photography Of Nona Limmen, Covered With Goth, Fantasy And Metamorphosis
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- A Humorous Collection Of Photos Of Funny And Adorable Cats As They Play With Catnip By Andrew Marttila
- Meet The Playboy Bunnies Of The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- “Through Fire And Water”: The Superb Concept Artworks Of Ross Tran