Beautiful Black And White Portraits Of Celebrities Taken By Kate Barry
Kate Barry (1967-2013) was a photographer born into the bohemian royal family of Parisian society. She is the first daughter of actress, singer and muse Jane Birkin and James Bond composer John Barry and was raised by singer Serge Gainsbourg. You may not necessarily recognize her name or be able to pick out her photographs as one would a Helmut Newton or Irving Penn, but Kate Barry is no less adored within the world of fashion, music and film.
“I was photographed a lot as a kid. It must have made an impression on me. Letting someone take your picture involves a degree of trust and confidence that I don’t have. For a long time, my camera was a defence against the melancholy I felt.” Kate Barry
Barry was the darling of the fashion industry. She photographed for Vogue, Elle, Paris Match, Le Figaro Madame, the Sunday Times Magazine. She was raised by a pack of creatives from all domains and her career as an artist reflected her diverse upbringing as she photographed album covers for French singers like Vanessa Paradis and Carla Bruni. Her style is distinct. The women in her photographs are sexy and real. She captures their beauty without the artifice. She searches for those in between and unsuspecting moments that exist beyond the robotic smile of a star.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 5 Year-Old Recreates Photos Of Iconic Women Every Day Of Black History Month
- A Photographer Travels Across India To Show How Beautiful And Diverse Local People Are, And We’re Mesmerized
- Asian Drivers Are Using Terrifying Reflective Decals On Rear Windows To Fight Against High-Beam Users
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Photographer Gilmar Silva Exposes The Not So Glamorous Side Of Photography In Revealing Photos
- This Instagram Account Reveals Scenes From Famous Movies With And Without Special Effects
- A Look Back At The First Tucker Torpedo Prototype From 1946
- Ethereal Nature Tattoos Inspired By Changing Seasons
- Famous Classic Album Covers Mashed Up With Star Wars Characters
- The Only Thing More Bonkers Than This Starcraft Cosplay Is How They Made It