Beautiful Black And White Portraits Of Celebrities Taken By Kate Barry
Kate Barry (1967-2013) was a photographer born into the bohemian royal family of Parisian society. She is the first daughter of actress, singer and muse Jane Birkin and James Bond composer John Barry and was raised by singer Serge Gainsbourg. You may not necessarily recognize her name or be able to pick out her photographs as one would a Helmut Newton or Irving Penn, but Kate Barry is no less adored within the world of fashion, music and film.
“I was photographed a lot as a kid. It must have made an impression on me. Letting someone take your picture involves a degree of trust and confidence that I don’t have. For a long time, my camera was a defence against the melancholy I felt.” Kate Barry
Barry was the darling of the fashion industry. She photographed for Vogue, Elle, Paris Match, Le Figaro Madame, the Sunday Times Magazine. She was raised by a pack of creatives from all domains and her career as an artist reflected her diverse upbringing as she photographed album covers for French singers like Vanessa Paradis and Carla Bruni. Her style is distinct. The women in her photographs are sexy and real. She captures their beauty without the artifice. She searches for those in between and unsuspecting moments that exist beyond the robotic smile of a star.
- The Magnificent Cosplay Photography Of Paul Hillier
- This Is How NYC Central Park Would Have Looked Based On A Rejected Design From 1858
- Indonesian Designer Combines Unlikely Pairs Of Things To Create Clever Logos
- Pants For Men Only – Penis Pants By Eldridge Cleaver In The 1970s
- Stunning Color Photographs Capture Daily Life In Poland In The Early 1980s
- Potterheads Are Losing It Over This New Harry Potter Collection From Korea
- When Your Cat Meows, And You Meow Back…
- Someone In Colorado Is Putting Up The Funniest Signs Ever
- The Isolator: This Insane Anti-Distraction Helmet From 1925 Would Fit Into Any Modern Open Office
- 35 Stunning Photos Of Abandoned Russia You’ve Probably Never Seen Before