Beautiful Black And White Portraits Of Celebrities Taken By Kate Barry
Kate Barry (1967-2013) was a photographer born into the bohemian royal family of Parisian society. She is the first daughter of actress, singer and muse Jane Birkin and James Bond composer John Barry and was raised by singer Serge Gainsbourg. You may not necessarily recognize her name or be able to pick out her photographs as one would a Helmut Newton or Irving Penn, but Kate Barry is no less adored within the world of fashion, music and film.
“I was photographed a lot as a kid. It must have made an impression on me. Letting someone take your picture involves a degree of trust and confidence that I don’t have. For a long time, my camera was a defence against the melancholy I felt.” Kate Barry
Barry was the darling of the fashion industry. She photographed for Vogue, Elle, Paris Match, Le Figaro Madame, the Sunday Times Magazine. She was raised by a pack of creatives from all domains and her career as an artist reflected her diverse upbringing as she photographed album covers for French singers like Vanessa Paradis and Carla Bruni. Her style is distinct. The women in her photographs are sexy and real. She captures their beauty without the artifice. She searches for those in between and unsuspecting moments that exist beyond the robotic smile of a star.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- The Super Hot And Humorous 2018 New York City Taxi Drivers Calendar Is Here!
- Concept Artist Paul Chadeisson Reveals His Sinister And Industrialised Vision Of The Cities’ Futures
- Photographer Mayan Toledano Captures Daily Routines Of Female Israeli Soldiers
- This Is How The Practical Miniatures For Blade Runner 2049 Were Created
- A Minimal, Multi-Colored Keyboard That Would Brighten Up Your Work Day
- Absolutey Stunning Artworks And Funny Soviet Posters In The Pin-Up Style By Valery Barykin
- Food Artist Hellen Die Pays Tribute To Alien For Her Thanksgiving Dinner
- “The Struggle For Utopia”: Everyday Soviet Life In Magnificent Photos By Semyon Friedland
- When Architecture Meets Porn – This Artist Makes Nearly-NSFW Graphic Collages
- Graceful Dancers Practicing Out In The City Streets Captured By Melika Dez
- Stunning Finalists Of The Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2017
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Historic Photos Of Russian Beauties In Traditional Costumes Prove Slavic Beauty Never Gets Boring
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Remarkable Photos Of Manhattan By Berenice Abbott From 1935
- Hammond Fever! Vintage Sexy And NSFW Hammond Organ Album Covers
- Russian Artist Makes Beautiful Space Themed Calendar For The Year 2018
- Burning Man 2017: Stunning Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- Architect Carlo Mollino’s Secret Stash Of NSFW Erotic Polaroids
- “Neon Dreams”: Photographer Matthieu Bühler Explores The Streets Of Tokyo At Night
- Dreamy Nighttime Country Side & City Scenes Bathed In Neon By Photographer Elsa Bleda
- A Poetic Photo Series On Flowers And Love – A Reason For Joy Every Day A Colorful Flower Outgrown The Sun
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- Artist Illustrates What Would Happen If Movies And TV Shows Were Made In Real Life