Beautiful Black And White Portraits Of Celebrities Taken By Kate Barry
Kate Barry (1967-2013) was a photographer born into the bohemian royal family of Parisian society. She is the first daughter of actress, singer and muse Jane Birkin and James Bond composer John Barry and was raised by singer Serge Gainsbourg. You may not necessarily recognize her name or be able to pick out her photographs as one would a Helmut Newton or Irving Penn, but Kate Barry is no less adored within the world of fashion, music and film.
“I was photographed a lot as a kid. It must have made an impression on me. Letting someone take your picture involves a degree of trust and confidence that I don’t have. For a long time, my camera was a defence against the melancholy I felt.” Kate Barry
Barry was the darling of the fashion industry. She photographed for Vogue, Elle, Paris Match, Le Figaro Madame, the Sunday Times Magazine. She was raised by a pack of creatives from all domains and her career as an artist reflected her diverse upbringing as she photographed album covers for French singers like Vanessa Paradis and Carla Bruni. Her style is distinct. The women in her photographs are sexy and real. She captures their beauty without the artifice. She searches for those in between and unsuspecting moments that exist beyond the robotic smile of a star.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- Artist Illustrates What Would Happen If Movies And TV Shows Were Made In Real Life
- This Is How The Practical Miniatures For Blade Runner 2049 Were Created
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- This ‘Swim Reaper’ Instagram Account Is Absolute Gold
- The Family Dog Was Considered In The Design Of This Toronto House
- Stunning Finalists Of The Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2017
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Artist Creates Impressive Sculptures From Marble That Look Surprisingly Light
- Artist Aditya Aryanto Continues To Transform Animals Into Geometric Shapes – Meet Animal Balls!
- This Street Library In Bulgaria Encourages People To Read
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- Incredible Ice Sculptures By Darren Jackson
- Reimagining The Simpsons’ Home In 8 Popular Architectural Styles
- Satirical NSFW Illustrations Of Today’s Problems By Gunduz Agayev
- Illustrator Imagines What Stranger Things Characters Are Doing Now, 33 Years Later
- This Lighting Collection Is Designed To Look Like Sausages In A Butcher Shop
- Burning Man 2017: Stunning Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- Architect Carlo Mollino’s Secret Stash Of NSFW Erotic Polaroids
- The Ultimate Humorous & NSFW Photo Guide Of Mormon Missionary Positions
- “Autumn At The Lake”: These Stunning Photos Will Remind You Of Wonderland
- Beautiful Black And White Portraits Of Celebrities Taken By Kate Barry
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- “Peace, Love, Music And Mud”: LIFE At Woodstock In 1969
- Beautiful And Never Seen Vintage Soviet ‘Antonov’ Plane Ads