Soviet Fashion: Style Pages From 1980s U.S.S.R.
Were Soviet women dressed in drab, utilitarian garb – not according to their fashion magazines.
I recently came across some Soviet fashion magazines from 1987-1989 and thought I’d share. Like most Americans, during the Cold War, I pictured all Soviet women as homely and hardened by their harsh life, dressed in drab utilitarian garb. As these pages prove, that was far from the case – and certainly not in the last years before the break up. What we find are fashions not so different to a JC Penney catalog of the same period. Let’s have a look…
- Someone Is Showing That All Instagram Photos Are Starting To Look The Same And It’s Pretty Freaky
- Marvelous Female Portrait Photography By Kevin O’Donohue
- The Funniest Clothing Tags Ever
- “Dreams Of Sensuality”: Beautiful Art Nude Photography By Dani Fehr
- Gorgeous NSFW Female Portraits By The Russian Photographer Marat Safin
- Sensual NSFW Female Nude Photography By Alisa Verner
- Gorgeous Female Portraits By The Miami Beach Photographer Mark Del Mar
- “Postcards From Google Earth”: This Artist Finds Strange Beauty in Google’s Apocalyptic Glitches
- Crocodile Trying To Do Things In Hilarious Sketches By The Japanese Illustrator Keigo
- A Street Artist “Improved” Facebook’s Billboards In London