Soviet Fashion: Style Pages From 1980s U.S.S.R.
Were Soviet women dressed in drab, utilitarian garb – not according to their fashion magazines.
I recently came across some Soviet fashion magazines from 1987-1989 and thought I’d share. Like most Americans, during the Cold War, I pictured all Soviet women as homely and hardened by their harsh life, dressed in drab utilitarian garb. As these pages prove, that was far from the case – and certainly not in the last years before the break up. What we find are fashions not so different to a JC Penney catalog of the same period. Let’s have a look…
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- Hawaii-Based Photographer And A Former Marine Makes Stunning Underwater NSFW Pictures
- Meet The Playboy Bunnies Of The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia
- Beautiful Underwater NSFW Photos That Redefine Women’s Beach Stereotypes
- Comedian Creates Hilarious Fake Signs, Places Them All Around Los Angeles
- The Photographer That Is Constantly Silenced And Censored By Instagram
- Spectacular Vintage Photographs Of America’s Western Frontier By Timothy O’Sullivan
- Photographer Robert Ogilvie Perfectly Captures The Heart And Soul Of San Francisco
- Magnificent NSFW Modelling Photo Artworks By The Russian Photographer Nikolas Verano
- Bold Nudes That Show How Our Bodies Are All We Have In The End
- Spanish Photographer Carlota Guerrero Captures The Beauty Of Female Body In Art Nude Pictures