Soviet Fashion: Style Pages From 1980s U.S.S.R.
Were Soviet women dressed in drab, utilitarian garb – not according to their fashion magazines.
I recently came across some Soviet fashion magazines from 1987-1989 and thought I’d share. Like most Americans, during the Cold War, I pictured all Soviet women as homely and hardened by their harsh life, dressed in drab utilitarian garb. As these pages prove, that was far from the case – and certainly not in the last years before the break up. What we find are fashions not so different to a JC Penney catalog of the same period. Let’s have a look…
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Zero Fucks Coins Allow You To Literally Give Zero Fucks
- Before And After: How The Russian Army Changes Soldiers
- Russian Illustrator Recreates All Episodes Of The Mandalorian As Vintage Comic Book Covers
- 19-Year-Old Student Hides Spy Camera In His Clothing To Take Secret Street Photos In The 1890s
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Stunning Color Photos Of Swinging London In The 60s
- Leather Banana Holder For Your Bicycle
- No Pants Subway Ride Around The World 2020 In Photos
- This Foldable Wall Desk Is Ideal For Small Spaces
- Chinese Artist Creates Sculptures From Ferrero Rocher Packaging