Soviet Fashion: Style Pages From 1980s U.S.S.R.
Were Soviet women dressed in drab, utilitarian garb – not according to their fashion magazines.
I recently came across some Soviet fashion magazines from 1987-1989 and thought I’d share. Like most Americans, during the Cold War, I pictured all Soviet women as homely and hardened by their harsh life, dressed in drab utilitarian garb. As these pages prove, that was far from the case – and certainly not in the last years before the break up. What we find are fashions not so different to a JC Penney catalog of the same period. Let’s have a look…
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984
- This Artist Draws Pictures to Show That Everything Has a Flip Side
- Sweet Comics By Luong Thuy Show What Being In A Relationship Is Like
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- The Wonder Of Illustrating Perpetual Movement in Space From A 1875 Astronomy Book
- Breathtaking WWII Colorized Photos Look Like They Were Taken Yesterday
- Powerful Illustrations By Japanese Artist That Will Make You Think
- Candid Photographs Captured Prostitution Scenes in Paris in 1966
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- Artist Colorizes 50 Old Photos, And It Might Change The Way You Perceive History