Fascinating Vintage Photographs of Dutch Men In Traditional Volendam Worker Pants
Not long ago clothing was based on local traditions and customs. There were no national brands or fashions. The clothing that one wore reflected the culture of the place: their village, their region. While there may have been less individuality within any given group, there was more diversity between nations and regions; each area had its own costume.
Weather conditions determine appropriate clothing in the Netherlands. Otherwise, clothes appear similar to those worn elsewhere. Netherlands culture has unique traditional clothes, although people in the Netherlands only wear traditional clothes during special occasions.
The traditional male costume includes woolen pants with silver buttons on the front square flap, as well as wooden clogs, a shirt, a jacket and a hat. The shape and design of the hat varies according to region.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Slav Romance: Heartbreaking Drama Story In Ten Pictures
- Japanese Photographer Releases Book Of Breasts And Cats
- Offensive Plates To Insult Your Guests With Class
- 12 Screen Adaptation Characters Who Are Significantly Different From The Original
- Artist Reveals What Fonts Were Used To Design Famous Logos
- “Back To The Nature”: Artist Combines Everyday Objects With Plants To Create Intriguing Sculptures And Installations
- Photographer Captures The Best (Worst?) Mullets From MulletFest 2020
- Swedish Artist Group Called Anonymouse Continues To Create Tiny Houses For Mouses The Around City
- These Marine-Themed Cakes Are The Coolest Treats We’ve Seen In A While
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden