The Kensington Futuristic Digital Billboard By Zaha Hadid Design Is Unveiled
UK Digital media company JCDecaux invited Zaha Hadid Design to redefine the design language of outdoor advertising by creating a billboard that integrates contemporary design and digital media. The result is The Kensington, a large twisting sculptural stainless steel ribbon that encloses a giant oval digital screen.
The Kensington provides brands with a unique communications’ channel in the capital that combines the latest in digital screen technology with a spectacular, curved double-ribbon stainless steel design in the inimitable style of Zaha Hadid.
Set in an area that has been landscaped to enhance the local environment with the planting of trees and greenery, The Kensington features integrated lighting that enhances visibility for pedestrians.
“Both a civic gesture and a promotional medium, the intertwined, looped ribbon design expresses the dynamism of pedestrian and vehicle traffic movements that intersect at this important London junction. The stainless steel ribbon twists as it encircles the screen, defining a varying silhouette when seen from different viewpoints,” said Melodie Leung, senior associate at Zaha Hadid Design.
More: Zaha Hadid Design
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- “Cock And Balls”: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Misspelled Tattoos: Permanent And Hilarious
- Famous Songs Hilariously Explained With Simple Comics
- Top 20 Absolute Worst Things In The World
- Before And After: Lithuanian Photographer Showed How Motherhood Changes Women
- Random Acts Of Brilliant Vandalism
- McDonald’s Japan Releases A Line Of Adorable Cups But People Are Finding Them Hilariously Inappropriate
- Italy-based Artist Cristina Guggeri Shows World Leaders Pooping In New Series Of Images Called “The Daily Duty”
- Epic Stair Design Fails That May Result In Some Serious Injuries
- Faces Of M’era Luna, The World’s Biggest Goth And Steampunk Festival