The Kensington Futuristic Digital Billboard By Zaha Hadid Design Is Unveiled
UK Digital media company JCDecaux invited Zaha Hadid Design to redefine the design language of outdoor advertising by creating a billboard that integrates contemporary design and digital media. The result is The Kensington, a large twisting sculptural stainless steel ribbon that encloses a giant oval digital screen.
The Kensington provides brands with a unique communications’ channel in the capital that combines the latest in digital screen technology with a spectacular, curved double-ribbon stainless steel design in the inimitable style of Zaha Hadid.
Set in an area that has been landscaped to enhance the local environment with the planting of trees and greenery, The Kensington features integrated lighting that enhances visibility for pedestrians.
“Both a civic gesture and a promotional medium, the intertwined, looped ribbon design expresses the dynamism of pedestrian and vehicle traffic movements that intersect at this important London junction. The stainless steel ribbon twists as it encircles the screen, defining a varying silhouette when seen from different viewpoints,” said Melodie Leung, senior associate at Zaha Hadid Design.
More: Zaha Hadid Design
- How Far From Home: Couple of Adventure Hunters Share Breathtaking Shots Of Unique Places
- Before Facebook: This Is How We Used to Unfriend People Back Then
- Bizarre And Creepy Vintage Christmas Cards From The Victorian Era
- Worst Christmas Album Covers Of All Time
- Expressive Text Loops, Folds, And Ties Itself In Knots In 3D Murals By Pref
- Canadian Artist Draws Pictures That Are As Warm As A Cup Of Hot Chocolate
- Beautiful Chimera: South Korean Artist Paints Optical Illusions On Her Face
- Quirky And Daring: Best Soviet Concept Cars
- Man Noticed This Abandoned Hangar But Whats Inside Caught Him By Surprise
- The Russia You’ll Never See On Postcards Through The Lens Of Photographer Alexander Petrosyan