The Kensington Futuristic Digital Billboard By Zaha Hadid Design Is Unveiled
UK Digital media company JCDecaux invited Zaha Hadid Design to redefine the design language of outdoor advertising by creating a billboard that integrates contemporary design and digital media. The result is The Kensington, a large twisting sculptural stainless steel ribbon that encloses a giant oval digital screen.
The Kensington provides brands with a unique communications’ channel in the capital that combines the latest in digital screen technology with a spectacular, curved double-ribbon stainless steel design in the inimitable style of Zaha Hadid.
Set in an area that has been landscaped to enhance the local environment with the planting of trees and greenery, The Kensington features integrated lighting that enhances visibility for pedestrians.
“Both a civic gesture and a promotional medium, the intertwined, looped ribbon design expresses the dynamism of pedestrian and vehicle traffic movements that intersect at this important London junction. The stainless steel ribbon twists as it encircles the screen, defining a varying silhouette when seen from different viewpoints,” said Melodie Leung, senior associate at Zaha Hadid Design.
More: Zaha Hadid Design
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Social Distance: A Graphic Story For The Coronavirus Age By Mark Haddon
- “The Book Of Bunny Suicides”: Hilariously Dark Cartoon Series By Andy Riley
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- The Twin Towers During The 1970s And Early ’80s Through Fascinating Photos
- Craftsman Gabriel Dishaw Upcycles Louis Vuitton Bags Into Elaborate ‘Star Wars’ Helmets
- Vivian Maier: Lost Photographs Of 1950s New York
- These Beautiful Yet Terrifying Surreal Pictures By Erik Johansson Will Blow Your Mind
- Japan’s Mask Snood Fashionably Arrives Just In Time
- Photographer Tim Flach Spent Two Years Photographing Animals That May Soon Be Extinct
- 17 New Stunning Coronavirus-Themed Street Art Works From Around The World