Drake – Modern House On Wheels
Combining a crisp, contemporary profile with mid-century modernist elegance, Drake is a brand new recreational vehicle house by Land Ark RV that radically redefines the staid image of the typical camper trailer. Designed by American husband-wife duo Brian and Joni Buzarde based on their own experience of building and living in a mobile home, Drake provides all the modern amenities one could ask for, fleshed out in a sleek environment of understated luxury and minimalist sensibility.
It is in other words like any other thoughtfully designed high-end house, albeit one you can drive around anywhere you wish to go. Land Ark RV was founded by Brian and Joni, a Texan couple whose dream was to build their own home on wheels so they wouldn’t be anchored in the same place. Their first endeavour in 2012, a DIY prototype named Woody arising while brainstorming ideas on Southwest Airlines napkins, was painstakingly hand-built in a Houston warehouse after working hours and on weekends with the occasional helping hand of a friend.
Once completed, it was put to the test when the couple decided to move to Colorado while living in Woody which proved to be a seminal period because it allowed them to observe firsthand what worked best in terms of privacy and functionality, from storage ideas and plumbing to sleeping arrangements and natural lighting.
More: Land Ark RV
- Google Street Images And Street View Scenes From Slavic Countries
- Artist Imagines What Russian Skies Would Look If They Were In 8-Bit
- Debbie Harry Photographed By Chris Stein For Punk Magazine Centerfold Shoot In 1976
- The World’s Greatest Gallery Of Seductive Carrots
- Man Noticed This Abandoned Hangar But Whats Inside Caught Him By Surprise
- Stunning Color Photographs Capture Daily Life In Poland In The Early 1980s
- When Photos Looked Like Paintings: Dreamy Landscape Photographs Taken By Leonard Misonne
- A Restored Chevrolet Impala In Moscow, Russia
- Pants For Men Only – Penis Pants By Eldridge Cleaver In The 1970s
- These Craftsmen Are Making Stunning Furniture And Art Objects Out Of Parts Of The Soviet And Russian Airplanes And Helicopters