This House Sings Like A Saxophone At Night
This house in Yekaterinburg, Russia is sort of famous around the neighborhood. It has a lot of ventilation pipes going around the building, and at night when the wind is strong the house starts to “sing”. The pipes are like a labyrinth, intertwined among each other and go to the top of the building passing by the windows of the apartments.
“This system makes horrible sounds at night” , says a local woman, “it howls like a wolf, it started one year ago”
The owners of the building couldn’t explain why they need so many pipes here. The silver pipes are virtually everywhere on the walls of this building. While the photographer was there he didn’t hear the sounds though, he thinks it for some reason becomes loud only at night time.
The owner of the pipes pays a rental price each month to have his pipes on the building walls and the company that owns the building seems happy to receive their due payments. Local cats like to scratch the thermo coatings of the pipes.
However despite the unhappy neighbors nobody is planning to remove the system and it still howls every night.
- “The Death Of Colossus”: Striking Candid Photographs That Capture Everyday Life In The USSR In 1984-1989
- Men Behaving Badly On Saucy Vintage Postcards
- Canadian Artist Draws Pictures That Are As Warm As A Cup Of Hot Chocolate
- Man Spends $4,000 On Giant Statue To Give Town The Middle Finger – It’s Art, Officials Say
- The Most Awkward Family Christmas Photos Ever
- This Artist Creates Amazing 3D Optical Illusions Using Simple Lines
- Quirky And Daring: Best Soviet Concept Cars
- Closer Than We Think: 40 Visions Of The Future World According To Arthur Radebaugh
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of The British Ecological Society Photo Competition 2018
- Beautiful Chimera: South Korean Artist Paints Optical Illusions On Her Face