Snow Cuteness or Unusual Winter Hobby: Artist Creates Tiny Snow Sculptures in Dreary Russian Neighborhoods
Zubaidat Omarova, native to Dagestan who lives in Moscow now, has an unsual and cute hobby – she makes popular cartoon and movie characters from snow.
It takes the author 1,5-2 hours to make one sculpture. Unfortunately, these creations do not live long. Children are those very little vandals. They find it rather entertaining to break them.
“Before, the work stood for half an hour, an hour. Now it’s standing longer – about a week. Probably because I started sculpting almost under the windows. Of course, people come up and touch it, and then the figures are missing something. I go out and model the missing elements. Now I make a fence around the snowmen – 8-10 centimeters, and many stop this small obstacle,” she says.
“I do it for comfort and for the soul. I want to take a little break from my home routine, from my maternity leave. So one hour a day I allow myself to go out and relax.”
“To create these snowmen you must have some experience with this kind of figures. I suggest just getting started – it’s addictive. How you can make a snowman like this, I show in my TikTok:”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- How Male Beauty Standards Have Changed Over 100 Years
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- ‘80s Pop Culture Icons as McDonald’s Happy Meal Toys
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days
- Stunning Winners Of The One Eyeland World’s Top Wedding Photographers 2021
- Stunning Winning Photos Of The Drone Photo Awards 2021
- Amazing Snapshots Capture Street Life in New York City From the Mid-1930s to the End of the 1940s
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Artist Creates Brilliant Comics For People Who Like Dark Humor