Snow Cuteness or Unusual Winter Hobby: Artist Creates Tiny Snow Sculptures in Dreary Russian Neighborhoods
Zubaidat Omarova, native to Dagestan who lives in Moscow now, has an unsual and cute hobby – she makes popular cartoon and movie characters from snow.
It takes the author 1,5-2 hours to make one sculpture. Unfortunately, these creations do not live long. Children are those very little vandals. They find it rather entertaining to break them.
“Before, the work stood for half an hour, an hour. Now it’s standing longer – about a week. Probably because I started sculpting almost under the windows. Of course, people come up and touch it, and then the figures are missing something. I go out and model the missing elements. Now I make a fence around the snowmen – 8-10 centimeters, and many stop this small obstacle,” she says.
“I do it for comfort and for the soul. I want to take a little break from my home routine, from my maternity leave. So one hour a day I allow myself to go out and relax.”
“To create these snowmen you must have some experience with this kind of figures. I suggest just getting started – it’s addictive. How you can make a snowman like this, I show in my TikTok:”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- “Rite of Passage”: Striking Vintage Photos of Florida Spring Break in the ‘80s
- The Most Creative Photos Of The World Naked Gardening Day 2020, Even In Isolation
- French Artist Creates Surrealistic Images That Show A Post-Apocalyptic World Overtaken By Nature
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati
- How People Look After 1, 2 & 3 Glasses Of Wine
- 30 Inspiring Photos From One Eyeland 2020 Awards
- Fumetti: The Collection of Finest Examples of Sleazy Lowbrow Art the World Has Ever Known
- Meet Hilda: The America’s Forgotten Pin-Up Girl
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers