Artists Installed A Dumpsters Filled With Illuminated Plastic Garbage On The Street In Switzerland
Last June, Spanish art collective Luzinterruptus installed two dumpsters filled with illuminated shopping bags outside the Gewerbemuseum in Switzerland. Entitled “Plastic garbage guarding the museum,” The installation was part of Oh, Plastiksack!, a plastic bag-themed art exhibition. The installation was left in place for 4 months until the bags began to resemble actual garbage.
“After a few weeks the display was no longer as pleasing to the eye and surely after 4 months it will look truly decrepit
This, far from worrying us, helps us to make sense of an installation which you can experience, in a visual manner, the reality of plastic bags, objects generally created with the purpose of inviting consumption and building an image that speaks positively about the brand, but that once used, if not carefully recycled, they become very damaging and impossible to remove from the environment.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Asian Drivers Are Using Terrifying Reflective Decals On Rear Windows To Fight Against High-Beam Users
- Panoramic Photos That Went Horribly Wrong
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Famous Classic Album Covers Mashed Up With Star Wars Characters
- “Youth Gone Wild”: Stunning Photos Of The Russian Underground Dance Culture
- The Sky Swimming Pool At This Hotel Has A Window In It
- Ed Gein Style Horror Jacket Is The Most Terrifying Jacket Ever
- A Photographer Travels Across India To Show How Beautiful And Diverse Local People Are, And We’re Mesmerized
- Japanese Photographer Captures Very Sad Stray Cats And Their Games
- This Man And His Cat Recreate Famous Movie Scenes And It’s Amazing!