Artists Installed A Dumpsters Filled With Illuminated Plastic Garbage On The Street In Switzerland
Last June, Spanish art collective Luzinterruptus installed two dumpsters filled with illuminated shopping bags outside the Gewerbemuseum in Switzerland. Entitled “Plastic garbage guarding the museum,” The installation was part of Oh, Plastiksack!, a plastic bag-themed art exhibition. The installation was left in place for 4 months until the bags began to resemble actual garbage.
“After a few weeks the display was no longer as pleasing to the eye and surely after 4 months it will look truly decrepit
This, far from worrying us, helps us to make sense of an installation which you can experience, in a visual manner, the reality of plastic bags, objects generally created with the purpose of inviting consumption and building an image that speaks positively about the brand, but that once used, if not carefully recycled, they become very damaging and impossible to remove from the environment.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Here’s How Some of Rock and Roll Legends Would Look Like Today If They Weren’t Dead
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Julianne Moore As Famous Works Of Art
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- “Let The Water Be Your Guide”: The Ultra-Realistic Watercolor Paintings Of Marcos Beccari
- “Back To The Nature”: Artist Combines Everyday Objects With Plants To Create Intriguing Sculptures And Installations
- The Apocalypse Of Pop Culture By Filip Hodas
- This Alien Face Mask Is Sure To Keep Covid At Bay
- Is It A Billboard? No, It’s A Building!
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits Of Famous Historical Figures And Their Direct Descendants