A Broken Vintage Piano Turned Into A Unique Analog Hybrid Of 20 Instruments Connected To The Piano Keys
When the Ukrainian band Brunettes Shoot Blondes came across a vintage broken piano, they decided to transform it into a unique and completely analog hybrid of 20 different instruments that are each connected and controlled by the piano keys. The band prominently featured this wonderful instrument in the music video for their song “Houston”.
“The musicians came up with an idea of making a true analog apparatus which could play different instruments nested inside the rim just by playing the keys. So when pressing a key, the piano hammers beat a marimba, tambourine, cymbals or even castanets. There are also special mechanical devices that allow for the playing of cello, violins and organ.”
View this post on Instagram
Brunettes Shoot Blondes designed a unique music instrument packed with a whole orchestra to perform new song “Houston” live.🎶 🎹We brought a broken, vintage grand piano to life, by reengineering it into a hybrid, containing 20 instruments in it. 🎹BSB came up with an idea of making a true analog apparatus which could play different instruments nested inside the rim just by playing the keys. 🎹So when pressing a key, the piano hammers beat a marimba, tambourine, cymbals or even castanets. 🎹There are also special mechanical devices that allow for the playing of cello, violins and organ.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- What Art Icons Would Look Like In Today’s Society
- 1964 General Motors Bison Concept: The Future Looked So Awesome!
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Amazing LEGO Creations Inspired By Classical Art Pieces
- Amazing Images Reveal How the Exclusion Zone Around Fukushima Has Been Abandoned to Become an Overgrown Wilderness
- Adorable Lizard Uses Blossoming Rose as a Comfy Bed
- Cyberpunk Street Photos In Hong Kong By Andy Knives
- Nothing More Inspiring than Disney Princesses as Hotdogs
- Teacher Shares Photos Of A Backpack A Father Made For His Son Because He Wanted To Save Money
- What a Dick: The Porniest Grave in Paris’s Père Lachaise Cemetery