Amazing Examples Of The Live-Action Reference Filmed For Disney’s “Cinderella” In 1950 As You’ve Never Seen Before
A lot of you have probably seen the live action version of Cinderella that came out in 2015. Well long before Lily James took on the role, another actress played Cinderella at the Walt Disney Studios, Helene Stanley.
Stanley was a live action reference model for the animated 1950 film of Cinderella. She, along with several other models, acted out the entire film in costume in front of cameras so the animators could study the footage when drawing the animated characters.
This technique was not a new one, but it was one that was integral to the making of Cinderella in a way it never had been for any Disney film before, or really ever would be again.
Here, Helene Stanley doing live action reference for Cinderella, with Jeffrey Stone as Prince Charming, Mary Alice O’Connor as the Fairy Godmother, and Eleanor Audley as Lady Tremaine. Helene also did live action for one of the stepsisters, Anastasia, alongside Rhoda Williams who modeled for Drizella.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Friend Asks A Photographer To Babysit Their Cat, Gets Purrfect Photos
- Things Full Of Beans That Shouldn’t Be Full Of Beans
- This Man Photoshopped Himself into Stock Photos and it’s Perfect
- Stunning Photos from the NASA’s Apollo Space Mission to the Moon and Back
- Daredevil Ukrainian Stalkers Took Stunning Photos Inside The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone In 2019
- Japanese Illustrator Imagines A World Where Humans Live Among Giant Animals
- How Remote Russian Places Would Look Like If They Had A Bit More Care
- This is What Politics Looks Like When You Delete Men from the Pictures
- Total Strangers Who Could Actually Be Identical Twins
- When Photos Looked Like Paintings: Dreamy Landscape Photographs Taken By Leonard Misonne