Old Thrift Store Paintings You’ll Actually Want To Take Home
Remember those thrift store paintings you often see collecting dust on the wall of your local charity shop? They’re the kind of generic, inoffensive and unimaginative artworks you’d see propped up in cheap hotels or mounted on the wall down a corridor nobody visits.
Have you ever wondered who on earth buys them?
Over in Rochester, New York painter and visual artist Dave Pollot is a huge fan of collecting and buying them, you could say he’s one in a million. It’s not particularly because he loves their aesthetic or artistry, but because he sees them as new canvas to adapt and let his imagination take over.
“Before I began re-purposing discarded thrift art, I painted more ‘serious’ architectural paintings and landscapes,” he admits.
Now celebrated and widely known on Etsy for adding all manner of pop culture characters and references to everyday thrift store artworks, Pollot mischievously paints the likes of Sonic The Hedgehog, Dr. Who, Ghostbusters, Super Mario and even Cthulhu into bland humdrum scenes.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook & Telegram:
- Professional Russian Photographer Pavel Kiselev Captures Sensual NSFW Female Pictures
- “The Memories Of The Future”: Photographer Nuno Assis Captures Fantastic Photos Of Hong Kong
- “WC For Architects”: Old Toilet Wall Decorated With Photos Of Windows From The Neighbourhood
- Marvelous Female Portrait Photography by Kai Böttcher
- Oceanco Debuts Unique 115-Meter-Long Megayacht That Will Truly Sail You In Style
- Photographer Recreates Famous Portraits With John Malkovich As His Model
- “From Russia With Love”: NSFW & Beauty Female Photography By Tatiana Mertsalova
- An Illustrator Imagined What Would Things Say If They Could Talk
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati
- Conceptual Photography And Self-Portraits By Marina Choy
- How A Heart Attack Changed Artist Alex Garant’s Life
- Gorgeous Beachwear And Lingerie Photography By Bonnie Cee
- Arresting Illustrations With Pleasing Textures And Details By Eva Bee
- Fascinating And Provocative Close-Up Photography By Marius Sperlich