Latvian Artist Carves Wood Cabinet In Shape Of Giant Beetle
Alder wood cabinet made in a shape of beetle by a Latvian artist and designer Janis Straupe. This is a sculpture with function, in its own style that does not belong to any art decade.
“The Beetle” cabinet was made in 2005 and it took 3 months to carve (over 11 staff guided by Janis). Inside the cabinet there are 11 drawers, section for stationery, wine rack, and paperwork section with two secret sections.
Janis Straupe (1962), a craftsman, an artist and designer with 35 years of professional experience in woodworking.
Riga Applied Arts High School graduate, trained in wood sculpture creation by Janis Polaks and inspired by interior architect Viesturs Vilks.
In 1997, Janis began work on its furniture and design company whose main activities are creation and production of unique furniture and interior design objects. Each model is produced in only one or a limited number of copies. Janis Straupe works are divided into two parts – commercial and creative.
Artist in his studio develops projects and prepares mock-ups, and then, experienced craftsmen, combining ancient era skills with modern technology, produce new products. In parallel of individual orders are created works of art, large outdoor objects and sculptural furniture.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- Photographer Emily Lauren Wants To Change The Way We See Female Beauty
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- Guy Shows Off His Amazing World War II Cover Up Tattoo
- 2020 Miss Mexico Contestants Compete In Traditional Outfits And They Are Amazing
- Stunning Photographs of Ellen O’Neal, The Greatest Woman Freestyle Skateboarder in the 1970s
- The Winners of the Luminar Bug Photography Awards 2020 Have Just Been Announced
- Hungarian Artist Creates Hilarious Scenes By Placing Characters In Movies Or TV Shows They Don’t Belong In
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- The Photographer Took Dark and Gloomy Photos of A Small Russian City Covered with Morning Fog