Japanese Artist’s Maddeningly Realistic Food Illustrations Have Our Mouths Watering
This Japanese artist says that he gets a lot of joy from hearing that his work looks tasty, and it’s a compliment he receives often. Yoshinobu Saito worked previously as a character designer, but recently it was his artistic forays into the world of gastronomy which have gained him attention online.
And it’s easy to see why. His work is almost maddeningly realistic. In particular, he seems to specialise in the tantalising glisten that many delicious foods have, the one that relentlessly and unforgivingly triggers our hunger pangs.
If you believe some sort of trick must be afoot, the artist has even provided a video showing how he created one of his digital paintings. He manually adds every individual gleaming brush stroke to the meat, giving it his signature hunger-inducing gloss.
— 斉藤幸延@Yoshinobu Saito (@yonyon76) July 19, 2019
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original
- Fascinating Winning Photos Of the 2021 Siena International Photo Awards
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- “Tears in the Rain”: The Superb Digital Sci-Fi Concept Artworks by Daniel Liang
- Brazilian Artist Draws Realistic Portraits that Look Like Photographs
- A Russian Photographer Gazes at Our Excessive Consumption