Japanese Artist’s Maddeningly Realistic Food Illustrations Have Our Mouths Watering
This Japanese artist says that he gets a lot of joy from hearing that his work looks tasty, and it’s a compliment he receives often. Yoshinobu Saito worked previously as a character designer, but recently it was his artistic forays into the world of gastronomy which have gained him attention online.
And it’s easy to see why. His work is almost maddeningly realistic. In particular, he seems to specialise in the tantalising glisten that many delicious foods have, the one that relentlessly and unforgivingly triggers our hunger pangs.
If you believe some sort of trick must be afoot, the artist has even provided a video showing how he created one of his digital paintings. He manually adds every individual gleaming brush stroke to the meat, giving it his signature hunger-inducing gloss.
— 斉藤幸延@Yoshinobu Saito (@yonyon76) July 19, 2019
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How Life Before AutoCAD Looked Like
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- The Worst Book Covers On Amazon
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- Photographer Anthimos Ntagkas Captures Mystically Unexpected Street Pictures
- Couple Recreates “Alien” Birth Scene For Maternity Photo Shoot
- Simple Yet Funny Drawings By Gabriel Sancho
- Shanghai Studio Creates Posters To Help Fight Against Coronavirus, Inspired By Vintage Chinese Public Health Notices
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers
- Artist Creates 16 Types Of Designer Packaging For Food Products To Show The Absurdity Of Brands