Awesome Star Wars Fan Art By Tsuneo Sanda, Official Lucasfilm & Disney Artist
Artist Tsuneo Sanda was born in Osaka, Japan. He first came to Tokyo at age 23, and has been there ever since. He lives in a rural, residential town about 20km west of Tokyo with his wife, Sachicko, two sons, Kensaku and Sohei, and Vivian, their American Shorthair cat.
“My wife has many hobbies and more talent than I, even though she doesn’t realize it. My eldest son, Kensaku, is a third year student at Tokyo National University of Fine Art, where he is studying design. Sohei, my younger son, is in senior high, where he enjoys sports, especially soccer. He is interested in going to the same college as his brother, and is preparing for the entrance exams”.
A Star Wars fan since 1977, A New Hope, which he describes as “filled with dreams,” continues to be “a part of my brain cells” even today. “The first few moments of each episode overwhelm me,” Sanda says, “exploding in my head like brilliant fireworks.”
While he feels each of the main characters has their own, unique “individuality and attractiveness,” he doesn’t have any specific favorite subject, though lately he has taken a special interest in painting supporting characters.
Of the Star Wars paintings he has created, his personal favorites are the 20th Anniversary montage and Cantina Celebration. However, he also greatly admires the theatrical posters as well. “They are all my favorites,” he says.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Stunning Photos Of Chinese ‘Nail Houses’ That Defy Developers
- Misspelled Tattoos: Permanent And Hilarious
- Intimate Photos Of Sharon Tate Gives Her Husband Roman Polanski A Haircut In 1968
- French Photographer Visited Chernobyl, And The Captivating Photos Show Just How Suddenly Time Stopped In Its Tracks After The Disaster
- 40 Funniest Finalists For Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2019
- Photographer Exposes The Truth Behind His ‘Perfect’ Photos
- Baby Car Seats From the Mid-20th Century Moms Wouldn’t Buy Today
- Burning Man 2019 Mega-Post: Fantastic Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- Famous Brands Get A Logo Makeover By A Canadian Artist To Better Reflect Their Brand Philosophy
- Wedding Photo Shoot Gets Interrupted By A Deer, Hilarity Ensues