Awesome Star Wars Fan Art By Tsuneo Sanda, Official Lucasfilm & Disney Artist
Artist Tsuneo Sanda was born in Osaka, Japan. He first came to Tokyo at age 23, and has been there ever since. He lives in a rural, residential town about 20km west of Tokyo with his wife, Sachicko, two sons, Kensaku and Sohei, and Vivian, their American Shorthair cat.
“My wife has many hobbies and more talent than I, even though she doesn’t realize it. My eldest son, Kensaku, is a third year student at Tokyo National University of Fine Art, where he is studying design. Sohei, my younger son, is in senior high, where he enjoys sports, especially soccer. He is interested in going to the same college as his brother, and is preparing for the entrance exams”.
A Star Wars fan since 1977, A New Hope, which he describes as “filled with dreams,” continues to be “a part of my brain cells” even today. “The first few moments of each episode overwhelm me,” Sanda says, “exploding in my head like brilliant fireworks.”
While he feels each of the main characters has their own, unique “individuality and attractiveness,” he doesn’t have any specific favorite subject, though lately he has taken a special interest in painting supporting characters.
Of the Star Wars paintings he has created, his personal favorites are the 20th Anniversary montage and Cantina Celebration. However, he also greatly admires the theatrical posters as well. “They are all my favorites,” he says.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Funny And Relatable Comics That Show Situations Almost Anyone Can Relate To
- Heroic and Fantasy Pin-Up Female Portraits by Kyu Yong Eom
- Portraits of Lovely Ladies Featured on the Covers of Radio Control Modeler Magazines From the 1970s and 1980s
- Raul Moreno Coslado’s Grotesque Portraits and Illustrations
- The Superb Graphic Novels and Character Art Works of Jordi Lafebre
- French Photographer Sophie Fontaine Shoots Poignant Portraits In Film
- Butts on Things: Illustrator Brian Cook Draws Butts on Everything
- Bloody Conan and The Beloved Superheroes: Comic Illustrations by Mahmud Asrar
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers